Author Topic: Which U-lock?  (Read 8097 times)

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
Re: Which U-lock?
Reply #20 on: 04 October, 2015, 07:52:07 AM
My Honda rack takes a 'U' lock with internal measurement of 115mm (mine is 113mm but still fits). It doesn't require any rubber straps and leaves me with the max storage space under the seat. (tools, Scott oiler reservoir, Ohlin rear shock controllers, out of the way of little fingers, and now I'm not using my U Lock, I even have a disc lock crammed in.)
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline Robo

• CBF God
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
Reply #21 on: 04 October, 2015, 11:10:07 AM
Richard.

If your rack is a Honda one and the U lock is able to fit under the rack why isn't it listed on the Honda spares web page ?

If Honda sell the U lock with A part number surely the locks are all the same size, it must be other makes that are selling different sized U locks.

What is the prices of other U locks compared to the one I found for £64.00

What do you stick under your seat so the U lock won't fit ?.

:028:

If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000s Mk1/Mk2
  • City / Town: Surrey ('TW')
Reply #22 on: 04 October, 2015, 01:04:47 PM
*Originally Posted by Robo [+]
Richard.

If your rack is a Honda one and the U lock is able to fit under the rack why isn't it listed on the Honda spares web page ?  Maybe because it's an accessory, not a spare part.

If Honda sell the U lock with A part number surely the locks are all the same size, it must be other makes that are selling different sized U locks. NO, they are not all the same size:
The eBay listing that you quoted:
"With an internal size of 95mm x 225mm
Honda Part numbered... 08M53-KFT-800"
&
Part number: 08M53KFT800
Description: U LOCK 115/270
https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/honda-genuine-parts/08m53kft800-u-lock-115-270.aspx

The one I have is Honda 'U LOCK 120/340' , Part Number 08M53-KAZ-800
(120 & 340 are the inside of the U dimensions in mm)

What is the prices of other U locks compared to the one I found for £64.00 Not sure why you're asking me that, especially as you can find prices yourself, because I've already posted elsewhere on this forum that an alternative U-Lock to the Honda version that fits under/in the top box plate are available at around half the Honda price.

What do you stick under your seat so the U lock won't fit ?. Various bit and pieces from Poundland:008:

Edit: p.s., http://www.doble.co.uk/content/pdfs/accessories/09/generic/uLocks.pdf
Last Edit: 04 October, 2015, 01:45:26 PM by richardcbf
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

Offline Robo

• CBF God
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
Reply #23 on: 04 October, 2015, 03:19:11 PM
What do you stick under your seat so the U lock won't fit ?. Various bit and pieces from Poundland.  :008:

you Best not ride in the heat then , those srewdrivers and spanners will melt.

If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....