Author Topic: Left hand Mirror  (Read 885 times)

Offline KiwiBob

• CBF Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CBF1000 MK1
Left hand Mirror
on: 29 April, 2022, 07:44:17 AM
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a left hand mirror for my Mk1. My bike toppled over in against the wall in my garage and the mirror stalk snapped like a carrot.
Thanks, KiwiBob.

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: Left hand Mirror
Reply #1 on: 29 April, 2022, 09:18:49 AM
*Originally Posted by KiwiBob [+]
the mirror stalk snapped like a carrot.

Do you know if that was a Honda mirror stalk or a Chinese copy?

Most of the Honda CB and CBF mirrors will fit, some here have fitted CB1300 Chinese copies off fleeBay at around £30 a pair. The only difference seems to be the CB1300 mirror stalk is a little longer which could be of benefit. When I broke my right hand mirror I opted for a used one off fleeBay because I felt the extra length of the CB1300 mirror stalk would come into contact with the likes of Transit van wing mirrors when filtering, the standard CBF1000 mirror stalks pass under them with millimeters to spare.

There's a discussion thread here The SEARCH function will reveal others.

Offline KiwiBob

• CBF Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 29 April, 2022, 10:57:30 AM
Thanks Art for the suggestions. I'll do further research. Slightly longer stalks would be helpful and we don't have a lot of transit vans in Australia plus here in Adelaide our roads are pretty wide. Its either too narrow or two metres of space. :001:

Kiwibob

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
Reply #3 on: 29 April, 2022, 01:01:02 PM
Didn't notice the flag, we regularly visit our  grandchildren in NSW and the traffic there is so light there seems little need to filter.

Offline KiwiBob

• CBF Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: 30 April, 2022, 06:55:17 AM
Don't say that when you're there Art. Sydneysiders are always complaining about the traffic congestion, too many toll roads, not enough toll roads, too much traffic, road tolls too high, not enough being done to fix the problem,   :001:

I'm mot sure if my mirrors are original or not but I've read the other thread and ordered a pair of longer CB1300s versions from China. Hopefully they won't be impacted by the crazy lock downs they are having over there.

Thanks for your help.

KiwiBob

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
Reply #5 on: 30 April, 2022, 12:50:33 PM
The Chinese copies have to be worth a punt at the price.

I've been caught out more than once by the Sydney tolls. Once driving a hire car back to the airport I missed a turn on the highway, I turned back at the first junction and got charged two toll charges, one in each direction, that I didn't need. Another time I managed to be in the wrong lane crossing the harbour bridge, didn't realise until the lights lit up and the sirens went off. Got chased down by the Police who showed us how to pay the toll and $2 dollar penalty, yes a $2 penalty for being in the wrong lane hardly seems worthwhile collecting it.

Offline KiwiBob

• CBF Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: 22 May, 2022, 10:49:53 PM
I ended up buying a pair of mirrors suitable for a CB1300s from a Chinese company on eBay as recommended by Art. I mounted them using the original bolts to the original mounts on the fairing. The original bolts have bigger heads so I thought with the longer arms they would work better. The glass mirror quality is an improvement on the 13 year old originals and the extra length and height improve the rearward view significantly. No more elbows. A worthwhile improvement.

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
Reply #7 on: 23 May, 2022, 08:18:37 AM
Happy days