Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Add Lower Fairings to a standard CBF1000 (Mk1) 2007, how to mount?  (Read 332 times)

Offline PatGillner

• Bike: Honda CBF 1000 A
  • City / Town: Gothenburg
I have an biffer (MY2007) and would like to mount the lower side fairings on it.  Purchased a set from a 3rd party (not OEM) but when I try to mount, there seams to be missing some attachment points...  Is there an additional set of brackets needed especially for the lower fairings?
« Last Edit: 02 May, 2019, 01:57:59 PM by PatGillner »

Offline HGP

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Silver CBF 1000
  • City / Town: Lanark
Re: Add Lower Fairings to a standard CBF1000 (Mk1) 2007, how to mount?
« Reply #1 on: 02 May, 2019, 04:56:19 PM »
I don't have the lower fairings fitted to mine but the "belly pan" fitted under the engine uses a couple of small shaped brackets  that fit under the bolts on the generator and clutch covers.

Offline alan sh

• Article Editor
  • CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000/CB1300
  • City / Town: Rochdale
Re: Add Lower Fairings to a standard CBF1000 (Mk1) 2007, how to mount?
« Reply #2 on: 04 May, 2019, 02:48:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by PatGillner [+]
I have an biffer (MY2007) and would like to mount the lower side fairings on it.  Purchased a set from a 3rd party (not OEM) but when I try to mount, there seams to be missing some attachment points...  Is there an additional set of brackets needed especially for the lower fairings?

Yes, there are connectors. There's a screw the connects the lower to the upper, there's a bracket at the lower front that goes onto the generator cover screws and there's one at the lower rear. There's also connectors that join the two halves together.

Alan
Red MK II with full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips and Autocom.
CB1300SA with a few bits.
https://ourbikingholidays.wordpress.com/
https://mybikinghistory.wordpress.com/

diverse-leafy