Author Topic: July tour - Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Germany and Switzerland  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Montblanc

• CBF Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CBF 1000 FAC
  • City / Town: Geneva
Just completed a three-week tour of around 3500 km and the CBF performed flawlessly. Highlights included 5 days in Grado, Italy from Geneva, followed by a long weekend in Spit, Croatia on the Dalmation coast. In Split, you can find AirBnB's for 20 GBP and I can recommend Buffet Fife for excellent local food at great prices. Went from Split to Zagreb for a week for client work and then on to Vienna for a conference, via Bled, Slovenia. Bled is a small Slovenian town worth visiting and again I used AirBnB's at excellent prices, around 30 GBP per night for an apartment. The roads through Slovenia were outstanding and I will definitely visit again. Great ride from Bled to Vienna for three days and then back to Switzerland via Salzburg and Munich on the fast roads. Both Slovenia and Austria charge about 6 Euros for a vignette that allows you to use their roads for a week or 10 days, hence no tolls like in France or Italy. The Italian tolls on my trip from Switzerland to Grado, Italy were around 60 Euros. Also, the Swiss charge 40 CHF for an annual vignette and no tolls are charged on any roads.
Montblanc

Offline Sunset Rider

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2009 CBF1000GT
  • City / Town: Sydney
Sound very exciting. This is part of my next year ride..... Switzeland, Austria Slovenia, Croatia etc...

For now i have to get ready for the Baltic tour starting less than a month from now!!!
I might be mad or even slightly insane....but I LOVE my CBF1000GT

Offline Westbury71

• CBF Master
  • Bike: Pending
  • City / Town: Suffolk
 :062: Sounds excellent. Lucky you, must confess I do feel a bit/lot jealous  :018:

Recent Posts

diverse-leafy