Author Topic: I Believe I Can Fly ..........  (Read 8268 times)

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Re: I Believe I Can Fly ..........
Reply #30 on: 13 September, 2016, 04:44:50 PM
*Originally Posted by Markytp [+]
Howdy Andy,

Still feeling tender, have been signed off work for another week so hoping that by next week will be feeling a bit better.

Still waiting on the third parties insurance company to get an assessor out to see what we are doing. No idea whether it is going to be a repair or a write off, I've priced up the retail prices and its well over £2k without the charges for fitting etc etc.

My conscience won't allow me to add the fuel tank to the list, it was busted before the accident so I won't include it in the list to fix.

Just waiting for the wheels to turn now and I don't do being patient very well  :003:

Cheers,

Mark

Ouch :156: but it doesn't take much to reach that given the price of the honda parts (from Honda).  Sounds as if they might write it off as it must be getting periliously close to 'that?' percentage of market value when insurance companies consider writing the bike off, giving you the mkt value and walking away with no further hassle.

Your conscience = integrity :028:.  If you had left the bike for the dealer to repair he probably would have claimed the tank and the fitting bits (packing gland etc) as well :164:

Before you agree any settlement do make sure that there isn't any 'hidden' damage such as engine mountings (where the crash bung was located) or the fairing mounting stays which might be marginally deformed as a result of the impact on the upper fairing/nose cone - this is important because if, say, your bike was damaged on the near side and the mounting stay is damaged, there may be collateral damage to both the nose cone and even the off side fairing mounting stays as well.  It only takes the mounting stays to be a little out of true for the fairing and nose cone not to want to mate together properly.  Nothing worse than having stressed gaps between the upper fairing and the nose cone. 

Andy
 :149:
Last Edit: 13 September, 2016, 04:47:27 PM by Bifferman

Offline Markytp

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS-A
  • City / Town: Leeds
Reply #31 on: 13 September, 2016, 04:50:53 PM
*Originally Posted by Bifferman [+]
Ouch :156: but it doesn't take much to reach that given the price of the honda parts (from Honda).  Sounds as if they might write it off as it must be getting periliously close to 'that?' percentage of market value when insurance companies consider writing the bike off, giving you the mkt value and walking away with no further hassle.

Your conscience = integrity :028:.  If you had left the bike for the dealer to repair he probably would have claimed the tank and the fitting bits (packing gland etc) as well :164:

Before you agree any settlement do make sure that there isn't any 'hidden' damage such as engine mountings (where the crash bung was located) or the fairing mounting stays which might be marginally deformed as a result of the impact on the upper fairing/nose cone - this is important because if, say, your bike was damaged on the near side and the mounting stay is damaged, there may be collateral damage to both the nose cone and even the off side fairing mounting stays as well.  It only takes the mounting stays to be a little out of true for the fairing and nose cone not to want to mate together properly.  Nothing worse than having stressed gaps between the upper fairing and the nose cone. 

Andy
 :149:

I've already told the third party I want any repairs to be done through Honda.

The impact point was on the front part of the bike - contact with the radiator (crumpled) / crash bung (destroyed) and the frame. First thing I want checking is the frame - is it out of alignment.

The nose cone is smashed on a few places so  not looking good.

:003:  :003:
2013 BMW R1200GS Adventure with all the toys.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Reply #32 on: 13 September, 2016, 05:10:50 PM
*Originally Posted by Markytp [+]
I've already told the third party I want any repairs to be done through Honda.

The impact point was on the front part of the bike - contact with the radiator (crumpled) / crash bung (destroyed) and the frame. First thing I want checking is the frame - is it out of alignment.

The nose cone is smashed on a few places so  not looking good.

:003:  :003:

If the nose cone is smashed I would say that there is a good chance that all three mounting stays will be damaged AND possibly the RH fairing as well.  The RH fairing may have hidden damage so remove it and check for cracks on the two lugs where the side fairing fits to the nose cone as well as the other anchor points, not forgetting the little nib at the front of the fairing.  I have no experience of the frame bending, my bike was only pushed off its centre stand so the damage was restricted to panels and the mounting stays.
Last Edit: 13 September, 2016, 05:18:43 PM by Bifferman

Offline Markytp

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
Reply #33 on: 13 September, 2016, 05:14:53 PM
Nose cone ..............

Offline Josiah

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: White CBF1000
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #34 on: 30 September, 2016, 08:47:29 PM
 :156:

I've only just looked at this posting, sorry read about your no fault off. Best wishes for a complete recovery and a satisfactory insurance outcome.

Josiah
I'd rather ride it than clean it!

Offline Markytp

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
Reply #35 on: 08 October, 2016, 12:24:12 PM
Update (This isn't a For Sale advert!)

So, the bike has been written off as a Cat C write off. The costs of replacing the fairings, the exhausts and to be honest little scrapes that I hadn't even noticed by using new parts bought from Honda and fitted by a Honda Mechanic was either too much hassle for the insurance company, or they thought the cost wasn't worth it.

They offered me a value, which I didn't agree with, they re-valued after I gave them some examples available online and they agreed with my valuation and we reached an agreement.

Part of the agreement is that I retain salvage.

I was going to repair the biffer (the damage isn't that bad to be honest and wouldn't cost that much to sort out, some of it is purely cosmetic) but I have the BMW now, need the room in the garage and if I'm honest, don't have the time, energy or inclination to go searching for second hand spares, getting them resprayed and then fitted.

I have a few more things I need to happen, like getting paid out but once done, I'm going to be advertising the bike on Ebay as sales or repair.

This is going to be the advert. The problem I have is the price. No idea what the bike is worth so am planning at putting it on high then being negotiated down. If anyone has any suggestions on price, appreciate your input.

Bike details:

Make: HONDA
Model: CBF1000 A-7
Year: 2008
Salvage category: C
Key present: Yes x 3
V5 present: Yes
Owner’s manual present: Yes
Service history present: Yes
Current MOT: Yes
Does bike start/run: Yes
Damage type: Accident related damage
Mileage: 20829

You are bidding on a damaged/repairable motorcycle that is registered on HPI as a “write off”.

This motorcycle can go back on the road, but it is the buyer’s responsibility to make sure the vehicle is roadworthy before using on the public highway.

Modifications / Accessories:

Heated grips, battery charge indicator, lower fairings, fender extender, rear hugger, Honda tool kit, Scottoiler

Please Note: The luggage shown in the images is NOT part of the sale though this can be purchased separately subject to negotiation:

2 x Givi TRK46B Trekker Monokey Top Case / Pannier - 46 Litre plus mounting kit to attach to the CBF1000 MK1 (Only a few months old, excellent condition)

1 x Givi E55 Top box and mounting bracket to attach to a CBF1000 MK1 (scuffs on left hand side from the accident)

What does a “write off” on HPI register mean?
If a vehicle is registered as a “write off”, it means that it has been involved in an incident (normally either an accident or theft). It has subsequently gone through an insurance claim process and has been deemed uneconomical to repair. All bikes can go back on the road once they are repaired and made road worthy / safe. The extent of damages to vehicles can vary so please study the advert images carefully.

Running:
Please note that if the advert specifies the bike as “running”; this means that it was started and ran at the time of inspection. The time between inspection and the advert being placed varies and we cannot guarantee that the motorcycle will start and run upon collection/delivery. “Running” in no way implies or imparts any guarantees as to the mechanical integrity of the motorcycle. 

Payment and Collection:
The sale is based on cash on collection only. Any inspection welcome.

Terms and conditions:
All of the Bikes are sold “as seen” with no warranties implied or given and it is your responsibility to assess the damage via the advert images; we will always try our best to image all of the damage, however we cannot be held responsible for any damage missed.

Please note that we will expect purchasers to provide photo proof of identity (photo card driving licence or passport) when collecting. We will need to take a copy of your photo ID on collection for our records.

Price: £1750 or near offer

Luggage £350 with the bike or £450 on it's own
Last Edit: 08 October, 2016, 12:34:15 PM by Markytp

Offline Markytp

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
Reply #36 on: 08 October, 2016, 12:25:28 PM
More images:

Online alan sh

• Article Editor
  • CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000/CB1300
  • City / Town: Rochdale
Reply #37 on: 08 October, 2016, 01:25:09 PM
You don't show any pictures of the lower fairings. That may help.
You should also say it's had the stator replaced. Those that know will realise what it means.

Price seems very fair to me.

Alan
Red MK II with full luggage, MRA screen, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips and Autocom.
CB1300SA with a few bits.
https://ourbikingholidays.wordpress.com/
https://mybikinghistory.wordpress.com/

Offline Markytp

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
Reply #38 on: 08 October, 2016, 01:33:02 PM
*Originally Posted by alan sh [+]
You don't show any pictures of the lower fairings. That may help.
You should also say it's had the stator replaced. Those that know will realise what it means.

Price seems very fair to me.

Alan

Cheers Alan,

Image number 1 has the lowers in but not a clear shot of them.

Offline Robo

• CBF God
  • Bike: MK1
  • City / Town: By The Sea
Reply #39 on: 08 October, 2016, 02:36:21 PM
£1.75 or near offer seems fair . I offer you £2.00 that's above above your asking price :010:

Will pay for your tractor repairs when you drop it and join the Shumba club  :062:
If theres a gap i can get through it !!!

Some people pay for an IAM... I am mad.....

diverse-leafy