Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Trouble starting from warm  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Stvlas

• BIFFER Lover for life 😁👍
  • Bike: CBF1000F
  • City / Town: Trim
Re: Trouble starting from warm
« Reply #10 on: 20 May, 2019, 07:43:20 PM »
I have had a similar hard to start when hot problem for a year now on my 2011 Mk2 CBF1000F. To combat this I have changed my start up procedure slightly when engine has been running. All I do is to turn the ignition key on with cut-off switch off, then turn the cut-off switch on and off a few times while holding the throttle open. Usually this results in a fairly prompt engine start.
Was checking here to see if anyone else had other ideas?
Great Forum ....

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Maldon
« Reply #11 on: 21 May, 2019, 08:44:07 AM »
Hi Stvlas.Do you have any thoughts  on how & why this works please? Ed. :002:

Offline Stvlas

• BIFFER Lover for life 😁👍
  • Bike: CBF1000F
  • City / Town: Trim
« Reply #12 on: 21 May, 2019, 08:54:22 AM »
Well,... From my investigations online it seems the most probable cause is a fault in the ECT Sensor(engine coolant temperature).
This is located on the bottom of the thermostat housing on the right hand side under the tank. You can see it if you look under tank. If this is faulty it may send a signal to ECU telling it that the engine is still cold, causing too much fuel to be delivered to the chambers. Opening the throttle apparently allows more air in to dispel the fuel and so aids starting. I intend to check this sensor and its wiring to determine which if any are at fault. Until then this start up method seems a reliable process?

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Maldon
« Reply #13 on: 21 May, 2019, 01:11:13 PM »
Sounds sensible & logical.Many Thanks.Ed. :123: