Author Topic: Top Ten Mods & Accessories  (Read 122111 times)

Offline sjsmith

• Non Active
  • CBF Newbie
  • Bike: CBF 1000 FA
  • City / Town: Pretoria
Re: Top Ten Mods & Accessories
Reply #200 on: 31 December, 2016, 08:53:01 AM
Hi PowerGlide,

Following your recommendation I've had a look but dont see one for the 2012 CBF1000FA. Seeing as the engine is the detuned 2007 CBR1000 would it be the one to choose for the CBF?

Cheers
Stephen

*Originally Posted by powerglide [+]
A Power Commander is really the best thing to get for the Biffer.
The flat top in the middle of the register on an unmodded CBF1000F is really annoying.

I didn't see it in the chart though.

Offline SaturnV

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBF1000A9
  • City / Town: London
Reply #201 on: 31 December, 2016, 04:13:32 PM
*Originally Posted by sjsmith [+]
Hi PowerGlide,

Following your recommendation I've had a look but dont see one for the 2012 CBF1000FA. Seeing as the engine is the detuned 2007 CBR1000 would it be the one to choose for the CBF?

Cheers
Stephen

This is the one for the MK2 CBF:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/95767

Though as Montblanc says, shouldn't really be necessary given that CBF1000 power output is smooth & linear across the whole rev range..  If you or PowerGlide are experiencing flat-spots in acceleration that may point to an actual problem in the fuel injection / engine management system which needs to be diagnosed first IMHO.  Otherwise you could be wasting a few hundred quid on something you don't need...

Offline sjsmith

• Non Active
  • CBF Newbie
Reply #202 on: 31 December, 2016, 09:37:45 PM
All,

I've been through this thread looking with interest at the accessories people have put on their Biffers. Its been very enlightening and motivating and I thought I'd add what I have done even though it is an old thread.
I've picked up that the versions we got here in South Africa arent or werent as up to spec as those in europe.

MkII CBF1000FA
1) RAM Mounts GPS/Mobile holder - 10/5 {grips like nothing and very easy to insert/extract a mobile device}
2) USB 5V port (twin) - 5/5 {use it to keep the mobile charged while riding with GPS app such as Waze/Google maps sucks the battery empty}
3) SHAD 48l Top Box - 5/5 {got it a few months ago, fits 2 helmets with a little bit extra very nicely}
4) Oxford heated grips - 4/5  {they have been on for about 4 years now and the grips are becoming sticky and deforming, low setting no longer working}
5) Interfone F5 helmet intercom system - 5/5 {easy to install, easy to operate, not sure this counts?}

Consumables
1) DID 530/120 chain - 5/5  {got 42000km out of my original chain, just replaced a short while ago}
2) Battlax 023  - 5/5   {better than the original 057s, managed to get about 28K km on them though}

Desirables still to get:
1) Some sort of gel seat
2) a larger wind screen

Offline sjsmith

• Non Active
  • CBF Newbie
Reply #203 on: 31 December, 2016, 09:46:38 PM
Thanks SaturnV

You make a good point. I sometimes feel a slight flat spot at around 3000 rpm but other than that the bike pulls really well, especially when I wind it up a bit. Plenty well!

And translating 300 Pounds into our rubbish currency is a bit crazy, so I will have to pass on that gadget as interesting as it is to an IT techie like me.

Cheers
Stephen

*Originally Posted by SaturnV [+]
This is the one for the MK2 CBF:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/95767

Though as Montblanc says, shouldn't really be necessary given that CBF1000 power output is smooth & linear across the whole rev range..  If you or PowerGlide are experiencing flat-spots in acceleration that may point to an actual problem in the fuel injection / engine management system which needs to be diagnosed first IMHO.  Otherwise you could be wasting a few hundred quid on something you don't need...

Offline SaturnV

• CBF Legend
Reply #204 on: 31 December, 2016, 11:03:39 PM
Thanks SaturnV

You make a good point. I sometimes feel a slight flat spot at around 3000 rpm but other than that the bike pulls really well, especially when I wind it up a bit. Plenty well!

And translating 300 Pounds into our rubbish currency is a bit crazy, so I will have to pass on that gadget as interesting as it is to an IT techie like me.

Cheers
Stephen

Hi Stephen, no worries & know what you mean; I'm an IT & techno junkie too but my rule is anything around 100 quid per item is allowable if I can 'justify' it to my internal accountant lol.  For example the Heal-Tech GI Pro gear indicator; didn't really need one but it was useful and vaguely justifiable; heated grips likewise.  But £300 for a device that was doubtful whether it was even effective or needed?  No thanks!  I noticed a certain sluggishness around 3k too but always put that down to the heavy spring weighting on the throttle twist-grip (compared with sportsbikes I mean).  I take it you're still on the stock standard exhaust can?  If that's been replaced for an aftermarket one that could change everything e.g. back-pressure and throttle response?
Cheers,
Tim
Last Edit: 31 December, 2016, 11:05:31 PM by SaturnV

Offline Pojken

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 2010 FAA
  • City / Town: Västerås
Reply #205 on: 13 January, 2017, 12:19:14 PM
Hello. I have a CBF 1000 year 2010 FAA.
Bought it summer 2013.
Living in Sweden. I have  done just small things to mine bike.
1.New Pilot Road 4 summer 2016. And the text in red "CBF1000" on the rims...
2. USB contacts near the steering 2015
3. Led lights (the small in front) and the flashers and reg plate 2014.
4. Leo vince slipon 2015.
5. K & N airfilter 2015.
6. Power commander 5, 2016.
Would like to do some more but need more ideas.
Anyone who has something like mine and what do you think about it all.
Not long now til summer 2017.

Pojken.

Offline Pojken

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000 2010 FAA
  • City / Town: Västerås
windstoppers for handlebars.
Reply #206 on: 13 January, 2017, 01:59:19 PM
Does anyone have windstoppers for the handlebars? In example Norway there is about 20-25 degrees in the valleys but when you go up to the mountain it can drop to 8-10 degrees...
I have heating grips but it gets very cold from the wind in the front of the hand. Where can i buy these???
Pojken.

Offline SaturnV

• CBF Legend
Reply #207 on: 13 January, 2017, 03:13:51 PM
http://www.barkbusters.net/

Not cheap but they get good reviews; full kit comprises metal bars for crash protection and plastic hanguards that fit onto the metal pieces for wind and rain protection...

Offline Bloitz

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000A (07)
Reply #208 on: 13 January, 2017, 05:34:34 PM
Thanks SaturnV

A few fixes for that:
1) Get a NC750X. It does redline at around 6500 - 7k though.
2) Get an electric motorcycle

Honestly, the vast majority of motorcycles don't have much go under 3000 rpm.

Offline davidjg

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
Reply #209 on: 14 January, 2017, 03:08:39 PM
Hi
Have now had my CBF1000 mk2 for the last 18 months (12,000 miles) and the two things I have got which I will never go without again for any bike, whilst not being mods, are:
1. Chain Monkey -makes checking and adjusting the chain so simple and quick: and
2. Profi Cat Laser chain alignment tool -makes sure your chain alignment is perfect and again simple and quick to use.

David

Recent Posts

diverse-leafy