Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Crash Bungs  (Read 747 times)

Offline LinzerOntario

• CBF Member
Re: Crash Bungs
« Reply #10 on: 25 August, 2010, 06:57:15 PM »
I think that frame sliders are a must on any bike. It's a low-cost and easy installation which has the potential to save a lot of $$$ in the event of...  Well, you know what I'm talking about and if your bike hasn't touched the ground yet, it has a fair chance to do this in the future - mostly when you expect it less.  I got my sliders from Kapsco-Moto (Amazon.com), they look like the R&G classic without the writing on the edge. The price was good: $26.99  As everyone else has mentioned here you have to pay attention to the torque. In my opinion, if you don't have a torque wrench, I would suggest you don't even consider starting the installation.  :oldie:  The only tricky part with the torque is an apparently conflicting setting: R&G indicates 40NM torque. On the other hand, if you take a look at the CBF1000 service manual, the 'Engine Removal-Installation' part quotes on page 8-9 that the Front engine hanger bolt (that's where you install the sliders) should be tighten to: 60 Nm (6.1 kgfm, 44 lbfft). I went with 40Nm...

Cheers
Liviu

Offline Cowtown Biffer Bomber

• CBF Member
  • Bike: 2009 CBF1000/A
  • City / Town: Calgary
Re: Crash Bungs
« Reply #11 on: 15 May, 2020, 09:17:16 PM »
Hi:

Help! I just got the same frame sliders (I think) as yours from Kapscomoto.com from Amazon.ca, but there's no installation instructions!

In the package is one shorter and one longer slider, one shorter and one longer bolt, one spacer (???), two washers, and two lock washers. I have some ideas on how it all fits together, but would like to do one side at a time to avoid any "engine sag", which makes it tough to compare original parts as you go.

I would GREATLY appreciate it if you could tell me how the puzzle fits together.

Is the 40 nM torque still holding strong?

Thanking you in advance,

Herb Kruschke
Calgary, AB
"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
-  Henry David Thoreau

diverse-leafy