Author Topic: Surging engine  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Bilbo

• CBF Master
Re: Surging engine
Reply #40 on: 12 August, 2010, 06:32:19 PM
*Originally Posted by Gumby 1000 [+]
Note:

I simply put a ball bearing in the vacuum line and plugged it back into the actuator. 

Of course, being the worrier that I am, I slipped a washer over the vacuum line upstream of the ball bearing (washer I.D. snug on vacuum line O.D.).
This will keep the ball bearing from getting sucked up the vacuum line.

Well I am also a worrier :001: and desided against the ball bearing option it will only take 5 minutes to reconnect it anyway.  Still the washers a good idea :028:

Offline Mile Muncher

• CBF Newbie
  • Bike: CBF1000 07
  • City / Town: Midlands
Re: Surging engine
Reply #41 on: 19 June, 2021, 04:33:32 PM
Hi,
I know it's been a while since this thread was last used but I believe I'm having the same issues as mentioned here.

I past my UK test last August and got an 07 biffer in the September. Since then the biffer has had two oil changes, air filter change, plugs. The stator also failed and I've installed a new stator and reg/rectifier.

Around the time the stator failed I would say it started to ride lumpy/jerky. As mentioned at around 2500-3500rpm. So I checked the spark on the plugs, breather hoses, injectors, used injector cleaner, TPS and got nowhere.

Just today I found this thread and did the flapper mod and sure enough the bike is running smoother. That said it's still a little lumpy and there's also a fluctuation. If I'm holding the throttle steady at just below 3000rpm you can see the revs up and down approx 500rpm. When the revs drop theres also a click sound like a switch.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Dan