Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Honda Diagnostic - DLC connection - K-line  (Read 13866 times)

Offline Wilsey

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 A6
  • City / Town: Bungay
Re: Honda Diagnostic - DLC connection - K-line
« Reply #10 on: 02 June, 2010, 10:09:36 PM »
Yep I got all that, ''NOT'' I just plug the diagnostic machine into any car and it tells me what to do simples.

But I have to  :037:
Think bike ! I always do !

Offline SafferSteve

• CBF Member
« Reply #11 on: 03 June, 2010, 03:53:44 PM »
Hi Nbells

Sorry got a little side tracked by work.

To be honest I'm not 100% sure that my very cheap circuit is working but it is fairly simple car obd schematic.....have a look.
http://www.planetfall.com/obdii/schematic_b1.pdf

When using the software Voltage tests between the K and ground seem to correspond with the ISO9141 Initialisation where the idle High(8-12V) voltage is taken low (0-4V)......but without a scope I cant tell if the circuit is working 100%....at the correct Baud.

I've not tested any other commercial ODBII cables/pocket testers and software and would be interested if anyone has......or does these bikes only talk to the Honda kit.

When I say I can't talk using the Standard Protocols....I'm referring to the ecu wake up init doesn't seem to wake it up.......basically I'd like to know if these ECu's use the older Iso9141 or the fast init of Kwp2000.

When I get a chance I will test the circuit on the car...

I have a number of other OBD circuts and software to try..but really don't want to go out there are spend lots of money.

Offline RhondaK

• CBF Master
« Reply #12 on: 03 June, 2010, 04:18:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rev Ken [+]
Now the red wire is positive and the black wire is negative - so what was it you wanted to know? :084:

He wants to know what colour Rizla fag paper to use to tell him when the points are just opening.  :001: :015:

RK

Offline SafferSteve

• CBF Member
« Reply #13 on: 03 June, 2010, 07:52:49 PM »
I'm loving the comments...........I'm so glad I bought a cbf and joined this forum :001:...... :460:

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #14 on: 03 June, 2010, 08:53:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by RhondaK [+]
*Originally Posted by Rev Ken [+]
Now the red wire is positive and the black wire is negative - so what was it you wanted to know? :084:

He wants to know what colour Rizla fag paper to use to tell him when the points are just opening.  :001: :015:

RK

Green of course - how ignorant can you get....
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline nbells

• CBF Legend
« Reply #15 on: 04 June, 2010, 09:23:43 AM »
My understanding to enable comms on an OBD-II device is the following has to happen .... its only a rough guide ......so dont persucute me for ommitting certain steps !

The serial port baud rate is set to 5
0x33 is sent out to the ECU on the K line to waken it up .... or L if an older ECU is used
The serial port baud rate will then switch back to 10400
You need to listen out for the pinging of the 0x33 (half-duplex)
Then listen for 0x55 pinging back from the ECU.
Then you need to send all the commands to the ECU to retreive the data you need.

You have to have the serial port set to 10400 after the 0x33 has transmitted and BEFORE the ECU sends its 0x55 command

If you send 0x33 and then immediately set the port to 10400, the command is lost, so a timer has to come into play here. Searching the net a figure of about 2000 milliseconds has been mentioned somewhere. Once this is done, the baud rate is now at 10400 for continued comms to be maintained

So .......Are you sure your software is sending at 5 and then switching over to 10400 for the handshake ?

nbells   :300:

Offline SafferSteve

• CBF Member
« Reply #16 on: 04 June, 2010, 10:58:14 AM »
Hi Nbells

I believe this is the older Iso9141 wake-up....and yes the 2 different software apps I have tried do this.

Unfortunately No 0x55 returned...not talking.......thus this got me thinking it may be the newer ISO14230...Fast init method....or perhaps a special Honda protocol...

I've been doing a little reading and looking at the hds systems...
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/PUBS/GP/HDS_Chart.pdf
It looks like they support OBDII and more formats than just the 2 i've been looking at.

I'd really be keen to know if anyone has attached a non honda test tool and if this gets replies.

Another item I've noticed is that the HDS pocket tester is just a HP Ipaq....lol...I've just given my IPAQ away...but have other PocketPC's....lets see what else I can find out. :007:

Offline SafferSteve

• CBF Member
« Reply #17 on: 07 June, 2010, 07:05:10 PM »
Ok....second serial to k-line circuit same results.

*swear word*

ok... Looks like a sniffer on a working device is needed.

Perhaps a little idapro/peexplorer on Honda software available on the net.

Offline markw

« Reply #18 on: 13 June, 2011, 02:28:23 PM »
Interesting subject, one of which I would like to know more about.
Is the diagnostic protocol different to what is used on cars or is a specific standard (e.g. ISO14230) applicable to both?
Not sure if you're aware but there are interface IC's which you can buy off the shelf which take a lot of the hard work out of the comm's... http://www.elmelectronics.com/obdic.html

Cheers, Mark.
'07 CBF1000A Peal Sienna Red + Ermax fairing

Offline keeny

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Risca Newport
« Reply #19 on: 13 June, 2011, 03:02:38 PM »
I'm going to add my intelligent input here and try and help best I can to clarify this issue,  :mfrlol: Absolutely no help at all  :150:

diverse-leafy