Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Service Schedule?  (Read 5182 times)

Offline B12Steve

• CBF Master
Service Schedule?
« on: 23 March, 2006, 03:19:03 PM »
Hi there CBF Fans,

Can anyone tell me what the service intervals for the CBF 1000 are, and the estimated cost in the UK? I currently ride a Bandit 12, and I don't have the confidence to do the valve clearances myself which is quite expensive needing done every other service (at a service interval of 3750 miles !).
Does the CBF need its throttle bodies balanced like a carburetted bike does? If so, what is involved in this (tank off? auxiliary fuel supply needed?) and how often does it need done?
Also, with more electronic trickery like ABS, EFI etc., is the CBF too difficult for a home/amature mechanic to service?

Thanks for your opinions.

Offline lisaekam

• CBF Legend
Re: Service Schedule?
« Reply #1 on: 23 March, 2006, 07:28:59 PM »
My owners manual says that the service intervals are every 4000 miles or 6000 kms. The 12,000 mile will be the first expensive one, then 24,000.
I previously had a Deauville and these services were about £250. The local mechanics are only just going on courses with Honda to learn about the bikes so they can't really give a price atthe moment.

Looks like someone reasonably competent could do the 8.000 and 16,000 mile services.

Hope this helps
Lisa

:computer:

?A woman who rides a motorcycle is in tune with the universe, a candidate for high adventure.? Celestine Sibley

Offline Smudger

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MK2
  • City / Town: Shepperton, SRY
« Reply #2 on: 23 March, 2006, 08:10:33 PM »
UK dealer advised me that service is 4000 miles. I think that is standard for all Honda in line 4's. They said big service is 16000 for valve adjustments but again I think this is standard Honda practice.
However I am sure Lisaekam is correct but she is lucky to be able to already have one.
I am jealous !

Offline lisaekam

• CBF Legend
« Reply #3 on: 24 March, 2006, 09:02:37 PM »
I apologise, I got my kms and miles mixed up!! 8000 and 16000 MILES are the big services.

You can tell I am from the Imperial measurement era...........

Lisa
Lisa

:computer:

?A woman who rides a motorcycle is in tune with the universe, a candidate for high adventure.? Celestine Sibley

diverse-leafy