Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mount for GPS above the clocks (RAM ball)  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Rustyrig

• CBF Legend
  • Ride and smile
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Stockton on Tees
Re: Mount for GPS above the clocks (RAM ball)
« Reply #20 on: 23 January, 2011, 02:55:52 PM »
I like the idea, but does it not obscure any if not all the warning lights, suppose that depends how tall you are.

Not taking anything away from your workmanship, and from the pictures top notch.

Well done.

Barry

Offline olafje1

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF 1000 A6
« Reply #21 on: 23 January, 2011, 03:56:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rustyrig [+]
I like the idea, but does it not obscure any if not all the warning lights, suppose that depends how tall you are.

Not taking anything away from your workmanship, and from the pictures top notch.

Well done.

Barry

your right some of the warning lights are not visible, but i am thinking of a solution, maybe adding light under the gps (small Led's)
i did not want my tomtom to be mounted higher, didn't look right, plus it was unstable

Offline wallace 2488

• Bike: dbf 1000 2006
  • City / Town: Colne
« Reply #22 on: 18 April, 2020, 04:04:46 PM »
Hi , i have recently forked out for a Garmin Zumo sat nav ,,, i would also like to position the device in a central , above the clocks and behind the screen position as to make it easier to look at from a practical and safety view . I s there a specific Ram mount or equivalent available to achieve this solution ? Would appreciate any links or advice as to how to go about doing this . I have seen online photos via Ebay but not sure which mount is most suitable .... john wallace .

Offline jm2

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MkII in NHA95
  • City / Town: Newark
« Reply #23 on: 18 April, 2020, 04:59:18 PM »
After ten years, some of the products may have changed ....
Only do it right - no bodging please.   Keeper of the failed stator list.   John.

Offline wallace 2488

• Bike: dbf 1000 2006
  • City / Town: Colne
« Reply #24 on: 18 April, 2020, 06:04:43 PM »
Hi , yes i managed to find a GPS mount specific to Honda CBF 1000 2006 to 2009 . It cost 88 euro which is about £82 , it fits above the clocks and can accommodate up to three ball mounted devices ,,,, all the info can be found at .... www.migsel .com/store  :490: :001:

diverse-leafy