Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mount for GPS above the clocks (RAM ball)  (Read 3675 times)

Offline Rustyrig

• CBF Legend
  • Ride and smile
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Stockton on Tees
Re: Mount for GPS above the clocks (RAM ball)
« Reply #10 on: 29 April, 2010, 04:32:55 PM »
Hi ksdavis

Excellent looks good and another reason why this site works.

well done

Rustyrig

Offline Broon

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Triumph America
  • City / Town: Southampton
« Reply #11 on: 02 May, 2010, 11:27:39 AM »
Hi,
I considered a Migsel option which fitted the ST1100 but came in at £115 so did a DIY version which you can look at in my thread in Technical discussion section - cost me £20 in polished s/s.

Cheers
Ian

Offline arizonarocket

• CBF Master
« Reply #12 on: 16 December, 2010, 03:22:55 PM »
Very nice mount!

I'll add this one too - window mounted auxilary lighting for the Varadero:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/5661/92/

I haven't tried it but if the holes are aligned and the Varadero screens are a bit wider then then should work for the CBF.

Now.. if we could get a mount that served to give us a ram mount for GPS and auxilary lightning that would be very nice.  Considering we are talking about a bent piece of sheet metal and a standard RAM ball someone who is handy with metal work could make one of these up in a jiffy.  The money you save could help buy the new Denalis to mount on your bike.   :028:

I'm getting closer to a twin dip solution....  :084:  I must though the bi-xenon with angel eyes looks very very nice!  I just wish I didn't have to disassemble the headlamp casing.  

Cheers,

AR
« Last Edit: 17 December, 2010, 06:35:11 AM by arizonarocket »

Offline Miggs

• CBF Member
« Reply #13 on: 16 December, 2010, 04:02:51 PM »
I don't have anything like that sort of cash to spend for things like that.

The real budget option (apart from paper maps) is the rubber sucker stuck to the rev counter.

Did about 1500 miles round France this year and never came off once. I also have no reason to ever look at a rev counter anyway.

Must admit it looks neat though  :138:

Offline nbells

• CBF Legend
« Reply #14 on: 17 December, 2010, 05:44:40 AM »
Arizona .... nice lights gives me some ideas .... only thing I dont like is how they have routed the cables ..... I would of prefered if the cabeling had somehow gone through the light and under the bracket so it was hidden, thsu making it look more like the lights were meant to be there rather than looking like an after thought

Oh  KSDAVIS. ...... like the GPS Mount ..  might convice me now to get one for my bike rather than relying on memory and road signs and a soggy wet paper map !!!!

nbells  :300:

Offline arizonarocket

• CBF Master
« Reply #15 on: 17 December, 2010, 06:29:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by nbells [+]
Arizona .... nice lights gives me some ideas .... only thing I dont like is how they have routed the cables ..... I would of prefered if the cabeling had somehow gone through the light and under the bracket so it was hidden, thsu making it look more like the lights were meant to be there rather than looking like an after thought

Oh  KSDAVIS. ...... like the GPS Mount ..  might convice me now to get one for my bike rather than relying on memory and road signs and a soggy wet paper map !!!!

nbells  :300:

There is a mysterious vent hole behind the windscreen on the CBF.  I bet that is how they wired it.

AR

Offline chippy4467

• Non Active
  • Bike: CBF1000 A7
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
« Reply #16 on: 18 December, 2010, 02:53:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by ksdavis [+]
I have just heard from my friendly Honda dealer (Kevin at HGB Honda in Ruislip) and he has measured the two screens and tells me they are the same dimensions - ish (1-2mm in it). That's good enough for me so I'm placing an order for one and will let you know how I get on once it arrives...  :002:
 :490:
Does this mean a Veradero screen will fit CBF ? 

Just a though in the never ending queest to reduce the buffeting/noise?

Like the mounting plate as well - but somewhat pricey - think I will have a go at making my own.
It does put the GPS in a good protected position and is also closer to natural line of sight - less time with eyes off road in front - can't be bad

Chippy
Dream big, get things done and change the world

No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......

Offline arizonarocket

• CBF Master
« Reply #17 on: 18 December, 2010, 04:39:26 PM »
Apparently the mounting holes for the Varadero are compatible.  I would check it out first though...

I find all the instrumentation a bit to low too for my liking so having the gps mounted center high would be really nice. 

Personally I think a ruggedized rear/side view digital video screen with instrumentation graphic overlays is long overdue for mainstream motorcycles.

Cheers,

AR

Offline olafje1

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF 1000 A6
« Reply #18 on: 23 January, 2011, 01:31:21 PM »
I was thinking about buying this GPS support, but I found it a bit too expensive.
 so I thought I make it myself.
 hours after cutting drilling and bending, this is the end result.
 I have not tested it yet, because of the weather.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline arizonarocket

• CBF Master
« Reply #19 on: 23 January, 2011, 02:28:22 PM »
Wow .. nice work.  Sure looks pretty!

Cheers,

AR

diverse-leafy