Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: MRA screen mod  (Read 377 times)

Offline SteveS

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Kings Lynn
MRA screen mod
« on: 16 April, 2020, 06:55:49 AM »
Thought Iíd share my screen mod. I found the blade on my MRA screen didnít seen to make much difference so I thought Iíd try making my own. In the spirit of using what youíve got laying around, I cut down an old handlebar mounted screen using the original blade as a template for the holes etc. Unfortunately the old screen had some existing holes which Iíve plugged with nylon screws but they will do for now.

I did this before lockdown so have used it like this for a while and the results for me are great. I can ride with my visor up at cruising speeds with no turbulence.

Itís a little Heath Robinson but as a zero cost mod itís a great success. And if I decide to revert it back then itís a simple process. Over the years Iíve spent a fortune on screens which your unable to try out until you have spent your money and many of which have turned out to not work for me so in this instance Iím chuffed.

Hope this is helpful for someone.

Offline SteveS

• CBF Member
Re: MRA screen mod
« Reply #1 on: 16 April, 2020, 06:56:34 AM »
From another angle

Online Art

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #2 on: 16 April, 2020, 10:03:23 AM »
Nice one

Offline petehon400

• CBF Member
  • Bike: honda cbf1000fab
  • City / Town: Sandhurst Berks
« Reply #3 on: 16 April, 2020, 11:47:26 AM »
Very nice, this is my screen mod for my mk2 using a Yamaha fjr1300 screen.

Offline SteveS

• CBF Member
« Reply #4 on: 16 April, 2020, 02:23:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by petehon400 [+]
Very nice, this is my screen mod for my mk2 using a Yamaha fjr1300 screen.

Looks great. Looks like it was made for the bike.

Offline Jlangf0r

• Bike: CBF1000 FA-A
  • City / Town: Cambridge
Re: FJR1300 screen
« Reply #5 on: 17 April, 2020, 01:14:36 AM »
Petehon400, the FJR screen looks great. Can you tell us what you needed to do to to fit it? How good is it at reducing turbulence? I ask because my MRA screen creates a lot of noise and buffeting for my helmet/height combination.

Offline petehon400

• CBF Member
  • Bike: honda cbf1000fab
  • City / Town: Sandhurst Berks
« Reply #6 on: 17 April, 2020, 04:23:19 PM »
First thing I had to do was fabricate some bigger brackets to move the screen 20mm away from the bodywork for clearance. I then brought a cheap second hand screen from ebay just to make sure that it would fit. I moved the mirrors to the handlebars, after trying the screen and was happy with it i brought a new screen from Skidmarx for a Yamaha fjr1300 2006-2012 i purchased straight from the manufacturer and requested for no mounting holes. It's a great improvement on the stock screen being a good improvement on noise and weather protection.

diverse-leafy