Author Topic: Bagnoregio (Italy)  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Marco

• CBF Member
  • Topic Author
Bagnoregio (Italy)
on: 23 February, 2010, 07:46:45 PM
If anybody has a ride over here (Roma), go and see this place, it is worth a half a day ride.   Civita di Bagnoregio, close to Viterbo, is a town of Etruscan origin which has been built up on a hill which succombed to erosion by two rivers on both  sides. In the 17th Century the central part of the town fell away and the town was divided in two.   They made a suspended causeway to connect the two parts  of the town but over the years it has lost most of its inhabitants.  What is left is a beautiful island in the low clouds, with a few very tasteful b and bs and some very tempting simple Ristoranti providing utterly authentic and delicious local food that you would never find in a big city. In the future, the erosive action of the river will cause  the rest of the hill to fall down  and we will lose an absolute gem.

Last Edit: 27 April, 2011, 10:12:32 AM by Marco
I spent a lot of my money for girls and alcohol.. The rest of money, I wasted it..  (G.Best)

Offline bonoeuf

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
  • City / Town: CBF600
Re: Bagnoregio (Italy)
Reply #1 on: 25 February, 2010, 04:00:33 PM
Looks an interesting place. Would be good to visit while it is still there.
Marty
"My father taught me to work, but not to love it. I never did like to work, and I don't deny it. I'd rather read, tell stories, crack jokes, talk, laugh -- anything but work."
Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Marco

• CBF Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 25 February, 2010, 10:41:54 PM
Thanks for your comment, Marty.  Sure it has been interesting to us; whenever you decide to come and visit, don't hesitate to contact me if you need any help.
Ciao

I spent a lot of my money for girls and alcohol.. The rest of money, I wasted it..  (G.Best)

Offline dunelm

• CBF Legend
  • City / Town: Redcar
Reply #3 on: 26 February, 2010, 06:40:02 AM
Looks great Marco and thanks for pointing it out to us.

Town website (in English) at:
http://www.civitadibagnoregio.it/english/index.htm
 :031:

David
O'Duibhir, Virtus Sola Nobilitas

Offline Marco

• CBF Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: 26 February, 2010, 07:46:58 AM
Thanks, David. I forgot to add the link, good job.  :028:

M