Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: PINS & NEEDLES  (Read 8061 times)

Offline muppetdodge

• CBF Pro
Re: PINS & NEEDLES
« Reply #10 on: 11 September, 2006, 08:53:37 AM »
i get the tingling i the right hand as well , on the CBF and CB 500 i had .i fond taking my hand of the theottle f r a second or two relieves it . i two am getting old.

Offline B12Steve

• CBF Master
« Reply #11 on: 11 September, 2006, 10:04:23 AM »
My last bike would make my hands go numb if cruising at about 4000 rpm. I tried filling the bars with lead shot, and also used very heavy bar ends from http://www.manicsalamander.com/ . It helped, but I still got numb hands. The CBF 1000 is way way better than my last bike in this respect. However, the first demo CBF 1000 I rode had about 300 miles on the clock and really bad vibes through the footpegs and seat which my bike (and the second demo bike  I rode) do not have.

As an aside, does anyone know how to get the bar ends off the CBF? When I turn the screw it justs keeps turning. I was going to put the manic salamander ends on to see if that would remove what few vibes there are.

Offline Dekker

• CBF Master
« Reply #12 on: 11 September, 2006, 11:36:32 AM »
B12Steve.  Just tried it to see what happens. The whole of the bar end rotated with the screw, held it with molegrips (protected with emery cloth)and the barend came off ok. It has a "stepped" face so any replacements will have to be the same, unless it's posible to get the retaining bung out; didn't want to try that.

Offline B12Steve

• CBF Master
« Reply #13 on: 11 September, 2006, 02:23:08 PM »
Dekker,
Thanks for that. But, so I am clear, do you completely unscrew the screw, then the bar-end pops off, or do you unscrew just a little to loosen things, so that you are able to pull out a whole assembly? ie. is there an expanding rubber bung (or similar) in there which is best left attached to the screw?
Thanks.

Offline ronnie

• CBF Member
« Reply #14 on: 11 September, 2006, 02:42:09 PM »
HI,
having changed the bars on my bike recently, i asked the honda dealer how to remove the end weights.  Unscrew the screw you see in the weight and teh weights come off.  You may have to hold them to stop the whole thing turning, but mine came off real easy.  The expanding part left in the bars is removed by squeezing the two clips together that you can see just inside the inner bar diameter.  then pull and they come right out.
easy!!

cheers.

Offline Trickydicky

• CBF Pro
« Reply #15 on: 11 September, 2006, 03:25:23 PM »
Folks

I've just ridden my CBF for the first time this weekend and I've come from a 17 year-old VFR. I'm felt the numb right hand problem really acutely on this new bike this weekend. I appreciate that this is a general problem of circulation and strength of thumb etc., but I would say that this is more pronounced on this bike!
Young, gifted and black (the bike that is).

Offline martins cbf1000

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: CBR1100BLACKBIRD
  • City / Town: newport
« Reply #16 on: 11 September, 2006, 05:44:08 PM »
had the numb hand promlem on my last 2 bikes and fingers gxr750 suzuki and the 600 fazer but not on the cbf thou i ride a lot more now so maybe that helps allso a tip for you poeple dont grip the bars tight just relax,dont need to hold on for grim death, and allso age does play some part,but not the main fact  :ats2488_breakdance:
CBR1100XX its not for girls,

Offline Ghostbuster

• CBF Pro
  • Happiness is to ourselves
« Reply #17 on: 11 September, 2006, 06:47:33 PM »
i ordered heated grips when i ordered the bike but they were not fitted when i collected the bike. Only at the 1000 km service (2 weeks later) the heated (thicker) grips were fitted. This improved the pins and needles feeling. Now I occassionally still have it, but it dpends what gloves I am wearing

Offline alearg

• CBF Member
« Reply #18 on: 11 September, 2006, 09:49:31 PM »
Hello,

I have a very new bike (still under 1000 km) and certainly have this problem. Up to now I blamed my muscles not being strong enough. Consciously trying to loosen up and gripping the bar as lightly as possibly seems to help. I also thought that with gloves things would be better because it should be easier to grip the bar but I haven't tried it yet (weather still too hot).
Best regards

alearg

Offline MadDogMcQ

• Non Active
« Reply #19 on: 12 September, 2006, 10:41:12 AM »
I too suffer from pins and needles when riding the biffer. It is more noticeable in my left hand and after a couple of hours riding, I have to hang my hand to my side to get some blood back in. I'm not over-gripping the handles.

I was thinking of fitting some decent quality foam replacements to try and overcome it, but then again, I need to install some heated grips for the winter too.

I don't think the biffer is any worse than the other bikes I've owned recently. If I'm honest, I'd have to admit that this is probably an age-related thing, cos I don't recall having this problem years ago.

diverse-leafy