Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2010 CBF1000 now shown on MCN Website  (Read 4503 times)

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
Re: 2010 CBF1000 now shown on MCN Website
« Reply #20 on: 10 December, 2009, 10:47:26 AM »
 :462: as well.  Honda really appear to have LOST the plot BIG time.  It is bad enough for us but will be worse for the Honda dealerships who depend on people like us for survival.

I will be hanging onto my Biffer for the forseeable but I would like to have seen and be tempted by both the new VFR and Biffer Mk2.   OK the Uprated biffer is a no no but I thought thet the new VFT V4 was actually being launched in the UK in February sometime ??  Has this now changed ?

Andy

:149:

Offline neoxeo

• CBF Pro
« Reply #21 on: 10 December, 2009, 01:14:50 PM »
Not only Hond UK seems to have a problem !
My dealer was promised all new models for this friday (VFR, Chopper, etc..)
So he planned a big open door W-E .
Got a call from Honda today "no new models delivered- keeping them for a European first during the Motor Show in Brussels mid Jan."

Dealer p... off big time, 80% of his W-E down the drain.

Offline Sherman

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000FAC
  • City / Town: Ampthill
« Reply #22 on: 10 December, 2009, 04:59:11 PM »
If Honda are at the London show, I hope they have feeback forms.  :211:

Offline ukiboy

• CBF Master
« Reply #23 on: 10 December, 2009, 06:17:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by neoxeo [+]
Not only Hond UK seems to have a problem !
My dealer was promised all new models for this friday (VFR, Chopper, etc..)
So he planned a big open door W-E .
Got a call from Honda today "no new models delivered- keeping them for a European first during the Motor Show in Brussels mid Jan."

Dealer p... off big time, 80% of his W-E down the drain.

Thats interesting to hear. So Honda are putting all their eggs in the 'EU basket'. I shall remember this 2 years down the road when i'm looking for a new bike. I shall most likely say 'fcuk Honda, i'm buying British and Triumph shall get my readies...

Offline Brit182

• CBF God
  • Bike: 2012 CBF1000FAC
  • City / Town: West London
« Reply #24 on: 11 December, 2009, 12:15:10 PM »
While those of you who have read the other thread we had going on this farce will have noticed that I am well pissed off with Honda over this, I guess Iím not as narked as I could be if I really wanted a replacement here and now but their ideas and attitude suck like a Hoover.

As it stands, for many reasons (Mortgage, putting three kids through university, needing four wheels, as well as two, etc, etc) the Biffer far surpasses any bike I have ever owned, or been able to afford, in my determination to not give up Motor Cycling over the last 30 years! (My first 10 years donít count Ė I was Single!)

It does all I want in a manner I enjoy, so Iím prepared to wait Honda out!

I do not want another Biffer Mk1 - why spend money I havenít got, on something I already have?

As far as Iím concerned if they think I either want, or can afford, a VFR and that their keeping out a cheaper alternative that would appeal to my demographic (Biffer Mk2) will change things, Hondaís sales prats are totally delusional!

So until they come up with something I actually want, or I decide to break a streak running back over the aforementioned 30 years and go elsewhere, they can swivel on it!
« Last Edit: 11 December, 2009, 12:18:37 PM by Brit182 »

Offline Sluiceman

• CBF Master
« Reply #25 on: 11 December, 2009, 01:33:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by bumpy [+]
I'm sorry, but as one of the posters put it on the MCN site "if you think BMW are any better you are in for a disappointment"

I owned the 1200GS and tried just about every other bike in the BMW range, and not one of them comes close to the qualities we love in the CBF 1000.

BMW break down regularly and have poor finish. The CBF has value for money in spades.

Hi Bumpy

I based my views on BMW on on the service levels I received on 7 previous Bee Emms, all of which dealt with the high mileages I used to do before I became self employed.  I never in all those years was made to feel like a second class citizen and the bikes never let me down.

Truth is in the cold light of day I've NO intention of chopping my Biffer in, it's just too good, but I don't like the way we're being treated........and I felt like a whinge. :157:

Sluiceman
The point of a journey is not to arrive!

Offline johnstg2

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000F-AB
  • City / Town: Falkirk
« Reply #26 on: 11 December, 2009, 08:28:30 PM »
Well I was considering replacing the CBF perhaps late 2010 or into 2011, and top of my list of bikes I would consider would be the "Mk II" CBF1000. So Mr H, do you really think I'm going to go out and buy an other "Mk I" ?  Great bike though it is, this model will be 5 years old by then so I won't be shelling out over £7000 for one. Now £8000 for a "Mk II" I might consider with the right finance package, but you are denying me that choice.

So 2nd & 3rd on my list are the Bandit and Fazer - both non-Honda, so that will be an other customer you have lost due to the incompetence of your marketing strategists.

Denying us the CBF1000 & CB1100, and failing to turn up at the N.E.C. confirms to me that you really have lost the plot.
Boys never grow up - their toys just get more expensive.

Offline johnstg2

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000F-AB
  • City / Town: Falkirk
« Reply #27 on: 11 December, 2009, 08:49:42 PM »
Forgot to mention........I used the link to MCN in the first posting here, and posted my thoughts as above. All of us should do this, the more we make our opinions known the bigger the chance Honda will sit up and take note. Even if they don't, a good rant makes you feel better anyway!
Boys never grow up - their toys just get more expensive.

Offline Hudson

• CBF Master
« Reply #28 on: 12 December, 2009, 08:39:07 PM »
Obviously i am unsure how much better the Mk2 would be over the Mk1 but due to Honda's disregard of the UK market i guess we will never know until 2012 or beyond, whilst the EU get all the nice new toys first. I can understand why current CBF1000 owners may not wish to change and upgrade but for current CBF600N owners like myself i don't wish to purchase a 5 year old designed biffer when i know full well that there is a newer, upgraded version just over the channel ..... not impressed, and i will need to consider my options. I have just been made redundant (my wish) after 21 years, part of my payout was going to go on a new bike.... the new CBF1000 would have been top of my want list, but now i will have to look elsewhere until Honda decide to treat potential UK buyers with the same consideration as EU buyers.

Offline pedro

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2008
  • City / Town: Cumbria
« Reply #29 on: 13 December, 2009, 12:27:09 AM »
Honda are the same as any big corporation unfortunately these days. The banks just want to fleece you for what they can get. The utility companies are the same. They don't want to sell you what you want and aren't flexible. They just want to sell you what THEY want you to have.

Sorry. Rant over. A little off topic, but I feel better...