Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bridgestone 021's  (Read 1374 times)

Offline lew600fazer

• CBF Legend
  • living in France and not happy
  • Bike: 2013 Yam MT-09
  • City / Town: La Sauvetat
Re: Bridgestone 021's
« Reply #10 on: 27 November, 2009, 03:27:22 PM »
Thanks lads for your points of view re-ultraseal, all be it one for and one against.
Have I got this right ultraseal/puntureseal is a liquid latex type solution which is injected into the tyre using an aerosol type can. On contact with air it eventually cures and goes hard for want of a better description. When one applies it to the tyre you have to ride x miles for it to evenly spread throughout the tyre wall thus avoiding wheel balance problems.
How easy is it to remove when one comes to fitting new tyres? bet the tyre fitter must be pleased when he removes the old tyres and sees that on the wheel inners. Still I am due new rubbersoon so may ask what the opinion is at the tyre shop.
Anyone out ther know a good tyre shop near Wirral, last time I went to Buckely tyres in North Wales very good people but the police over ther are as we all know not biker friendly.
Thanks for your feedback
Lew :047:
Fazer 600 S1 2007
Black CBF GT 2008
Z1000SX Tourer2011
Fazer 600 S2 2013
FZ1 2009, MT-09 2013

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #11 on: 27 November, 2009, 04:50:41 PM »
Hi Lew

Best thing is to get onto the Punctureseal site and read their 'marketing orientated' FAQ's.  Like the Original Ultraseal this stuff is water based and is easy to clean when the wheel is removed, even my tyre chap at NJW attested to that. 

I had no balancing issues at all and when the PR2's were fitted NJW balanced the wheels first, then deflated the tyres and pumped the Ultraseal in (just pumped in at a measured volume to the tyre size), refitted wheels to bike, sent me out for a 3 or 4 mile spin to seat the tyres, removed the wheels again and checked the balance - perfect, no adjustment at all needed, the balance was still cock on.

Andy

:149:

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #12 on: 27 November, 2009, 10:35:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bifferman [+]
Hi Lew

Best thing is to get onto the Punctureseal site and read their 'marketing orientated' FAQ's.  Like the Original Ultraseal this stuff is water based and is easy to clean when the wheel is removed, even my tyre chap at NJW attested to that. 

I had no balancing issues at all and when the PR2's were fitted NJW balanced the wheels first, then deflated the tyres and pumped the Ultraseal in (just pumped in at a measured volume to the tyre size), refitted wheels to bike, sent me out for a 3 or 4 mile spin to seat the tyres, removed the wheels again and checked the balance - perfect, no adjustment at all needed, the balance was still cock on.

Andy

:149:

That's what worries me! :007:
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline andycbf

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2008 CBF1000 ABS
« Reply #13 on: 03 December, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
Update...........

The bike is handling very nicely in the wet and slippy conditions we've
been having recently. No balance issues with the punctureseal.

Very pleased,the 021's are better than the 57's (which I didn't have a problem with).

Andy :031:

Offline chippy4467

• Non Active
  • Bike: CBF1000 A7
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
« Reply #14 on: 06 December, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »
Having trashed a 021 rear in 3500 mls on a VFR, would be interested to see what you get out of them on the biffer

Chippy
Dream big, get things done and change the world

No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......

Offline Ant

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: Mk1
« Reply #15 on: 07 December, 2009, 10:46:24 AM »
I recently replaced my 021 up front for the same again as the rear 021 is still good. Overall I'm fairly happy with 021s esp in the wet, but I'm going to try PR2s the next time I get a set of tyres fitted.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #16 on: 17 December, 2009, 05:48:21 PM »
BT023's - new on the block.

diverse-leafy