Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bridgestone 021's  (Read 1362 times)

Offline andycbf

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2008 CBF1000 ABS
Bridgestone 021's
« on: 24 November, 2009, 05:46:52 PM »

Just had a pair of Bridgestone 021's fitted and have already noticed
a differance to th BT 57's that I've had since new.

The 57's lasted 9500 miles and the rear probably had a fair bit of life left.

Had 021's on my previous bike CBF600S and they lasted well over 10000 miles.

Andy :031:

Offline Sonic

• CBF Legend
Re: Bridgestone 021's
« Reply #1 on: 24 November, 2009, 10:10:57 PM »
Keep us informed. I am on PR'2 & very pleased.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #2 on: 25 November, 2009, 07:17:23 AM »
Most on 21's seem to be happy with them, certainly the best Stone around for the CBF.  Those who have tried and moaned about them have been because of odd wear patterns or longevity despite the fact that these are dual compound tyres.

Andy

:149:

Offline andycbf

• CBF Master
« Reply #3 on: 25 November, 2009, 01:28:00 PM »
Puncturesealed the tyres first thing this morning.

Tyres now scrubbed in and no balance issues with the puncturesseal
after a ride this morning.

Overall pleased with the new tyres as the bike is handling very well.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #4 on: 25 November, 2009, 01:32:45 PM »
Hi Andy

Interested to see what you think about the Punctureseal (Ultraseal replacement).  It started off with some VERY bad reports with dealers stopping supplying the stuff because of repeated issues.  More recently one reads ontinternet that the same stuff gets the fumbs up.  I am a bit lost :087: so would value your judgement.  Have to say that I have always had more confidence with Ultraseal (original) in and would like to find a successor.

Thanks

Andy

« Last Edit: 25 November, 2009, 01:57:38 PM by Bifferman »

Offline andycbf

• CBF Master
« Reply #5 on: 25 November, 2009, 01:56:45 PM »

Andy,

Punctureseal comes in pretty much the same bottle and packaging as ultraseal. Over the years Ultraseal changed colour from red to blue . I've still got the remains of some blue ultraseal in the shed which looks pretty similar to the blue Punctureseal that I've just put in the my new tyres.

Down in the smoke, I think it makes sense to use something to prevent punctures, particularly when commuting. I often end up filtering for my entire journey home (20 miles) which obviously means you're going to ride through some c!!p. Think the tyre fitters don't like it because if it does what it says on the bottle they're going to loose business.

One things for certain, Ultraseal saved my neck a few years ago, having picked up a huge slice of metal in my back tyre on the way back from the lakes.

Anyway I guess it's a bit like marmite, love it or hate it, no doubt some on the forum will think I'm daft for using it    BOTHERED ??????????

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #6 on: 25 November, 2009, 02:29:49 PM »
Marmite and Vegimite, love them both, am keeping an open mind on Punctureseal and will research further BUT I definately would rather have stuff like this in my tyres than not.

Give the new stuff a couple of months and let me know what you think then would you, there is nothing better than first hand experience,

:031: mate

Andy

Offline lew600fazer

• CBF Legend
  • living in France and not happy
  • Bike: 2013 Yam MT-09
  • City / Town: La Sauvetat
« Reply #7 on: 26 November, 2009, 11:19:22 AM »
Can I avoid looking stupid if I ask this question ? Why do people use ultraseal/ punctureseal? I notice a few posts this week of people saying ultraseal quality is not what it used to be etc!
I carry a get you home can of something in me top box if I get a flat. Is the use of these products because we run on tubless tyres and this is a way of getting a better seal , but surely it is no real protection agaainst getting a flat.
Lew  :159:
Fazer 600 S1 2007
Black CBF GT 2008
Z1000SX Tourer2011
Fazer 600 S2 2013
FZ1 2009, MT-09 2013

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #8 on: 26 November, 2009, 02:35:56 PM »
Hi Lew

I use ultraseal because of the dread of picking up a nail or similar and getting a rapid deflation of a tyre especially if going at some speed.  Since I starting riding about 41 years ago I have been fortunate in having only two punctures, both on the rear and the difficulty to near impossibility of controlling a bike not something I wish to replicate.   There has been testimonial after testimonial (and not from cranks either) to the original ultraseal and hopefully will be to the revised formulation of Punctureseal and if I can do anything at all to reduce the risk to myself of the effects of picking up a nail then until we get some Devono type run flat tyres for bikes I will continue to plough this furrow.

You asked why, that is my reason, gives me some peace of mind I just hope it is well founded.

Andy

« Last Edit: 26 November, 2009, 02:42:07 PM by Bifferman »

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional.
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
« Reply #9 on: 26 November, 2009, 03:44:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bifferman [+]
Hi Lew

I use ultraseal because of the dread of picking up a nail or similar and getting a rapid deflation of a tyre especially if going at some speed.  Since I starting riding about 41 years ago I have been fortunate in having only two punctures, both on the rear and the difficulty to near impossibility of controlling a bike not something I wish to replicate.   There has been testimonial after testimonial (and not from cranks either) to the original ultraseal and hopefully will be to the revised formulation of Punctureseal and if I can do anything at all to reduce the risk to myself of the effects of picking up a nail then until we get some Devono type run flat tyres for bikes I will continue to plough this furrow.

You asked why, that is my reason, gives me some peace of mind I just hope it is well founded.

Andy

With respect Bifferman, I too have been riding for a few years (55 years - legally)  :oldie: :oldie: and had three 'exciting' punctures - one front wheel, which was surprisingly easier to control than my two rear wheel punctures. They put new meaning to wheel wobble. :114: (All on the Vincent in the space of a few months.) However they were with tubed tyres which deflate with a certain  :005:  While I've had punctures in tubeless tyres they have deflated far more sedately and given plenty of warning that something is amiss. My thoughts are that if I got a really bad puncture that caused almost instant deflation then Ultraseal couldn't cope either. :138:

Still I'm all for anybody making their own choice if it gives them more peace of mind! :123:
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

diverse-leafy