Author Topic: The Coach House - Snowford Hall Farm, Leamington Spa Warwickshire  (Read 2126 times)

Offline dunelm

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Redcar
http://website.lineone.net/~the_coach_house/
Owners Tony and Rudi (Dutch lady who also speaks French)

After a rotten 5 hour journey, arrived at 6pm, getting dark, been raining.

"Would you like a cup of tea?" - I put my pannier bags in my room and wandered back into the spacious guest lounge to find a tray; pot of tea with tea cosy, cup and saucer, milk jug, sugar bowl, shortbread biscuits.
"Someone called - here is their number, help yourself to the phone".

No secure parking for bikes but it's an out of the way place and I just put a disk lock on.

They don't do credit cards but this is one place I will be staying in again.
 :031:
David

O'Duibhir, Virtus Sola Nobilitas

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
Having met Tony and Rudi they are really nice people and for anyone wanting somewhere nice at a terrific price in the Warwick, Leamington Spa (striking distance of Shakespears Country as well) or Coventry (although can't understand why anyone would want to go there) this place is worth a shout.

As to secure parking, the Coach house is way out in the middle almost nowhere in the country and set back at least 200 metres from a 'B' country road.  There are flood lights over the parking area and the likelihood of footpads, cutthroats and nefarious villians in the locality is remote.

Dave, you omitted to mention of the offer of a G 'n T which I thought elevated the meaning of hospitality to a new level.

Andy

:149:
Last Edit: 11 October, 2009, 02:48:29 PM by Bifferman

Offline dunelm

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Redcar
*Originally Posted by Bifferman [+]

Dave, you omitted to mention of the offer of a G 'n T which I thought elevated the meaning of hospitality to a new level.

Andy

Andy I was kind of hoping to keep that to myself - I don't want every tom, dick or harry turning up and nicking all the Bombay Saphire.
David
O'Duibhir, Virtus Sola Nobilitas

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
  • CBF God
*Originally Posted by dunelm [+]
*Originally Posted by Bifferman [+]

Andy

Andy I was kind of hoping to keep that to myself - I don't want every tom, dick or harry turning up and nicking all the Bombay Saphire.
David

Dammit Dave, if I knew it was Bombay Saphire I would have hung around on some pretext myself.

Andy

diverse-leafy