Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BT021 tyre pressure  (Read 545 times)

Offline Smudger

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MK2
  • City / Town: Shepperton, SRY
BT021 tyre pressure
« on: 07 June, 2009, 03:57:15 PM »
Anyone got BT021 rear fitted ? If so what tyre presssure are you running ?
Changed front to 021 last year and just chnaged old rear from 020 to 021 to match up. I assumed that tyre pressure would be the same as I have been running 36 front and 42 rear.
However just checked prior to setting off for Scotland in the morning and rear is only at 34.
I cannot believe I have lost that much air in 2 days and assume dealer made an error.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
Re: BT021 tyre pressure
« Reply #1 on: 07 June, 2009, 04:09:53 PM »
Smudger

You are right 36F and 42R - tyres cold.

I suppose the dealer may have made an error or simply not bothered (forgot) to check the tyre pressure before you picked up the bike.  I know that Michellins suffer from this so it is quite plausible that other manufacturers tyres do as well - When a new tyre is fitted it sometimes takes a few miles of riding for the beading to settle correctly on the rim and early air loss is not unknown.  Pump them up and see what happens over the next couple of days.

You could also check the valve is not leaking, a bit of spit over the end of the valve, if you want to be clinical then use soapy water and look for bubbles.  Better still if you have a valve key to check if it is physically tight as well.

Have you considered injecting something like Ultraseal into the tyre.  Personally love the stuff and would use as a 'ride me home' solution if i ever picked up a nail or something. I would NOT use it as a permanent repair although the manufacturers claim it is so.  Would you take the chance, you have one chance with your life, the tyres are absolutely crucial to keep you on the tarmac, it's an individual choice but for me - get it repaired properly and use Ultraseal as a temporary solution.  You can search for threads with peeps views on this - type 'ultraseal' into the search box.

Andy

:149:

diverse-leafy