Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: My Dealer crashed my CBF  (Read 3065 times)

Offline soph9

• CBF Master
  • 2010 BMW F650GS
Re: My Dealer crashed my CBF
« Reply #20 on: 13 May, 2009, 08:08:54 AM »
Only one year warranty in Canada..option to buy 24 months extended for $497 or 36 months for $711 etc....We might buy the 24 mos extended but not sure....

The bike as I trust Graig and even the guys who crashed it to inspect the bike thoroughly and I know when I get it delivered it will be as good as new.  I am actually quite satisfied because it has been broken in a bit....not to worry about new tires as well. Sure it probably has been broken in a bit differently than I would do it but I think these bikes are tough and can stand to be "roughed" up a bit in the beginning.  If the bike has issues, I will make sure the dealer will take care of it.

All in all it was my relationship with Graig who has kept this dealer a float in my book.  They made a decision that I could not refuse even though we brought up  the idea.  Initially they wanted to trade me my bike for an Honda Executive's bike with 5275K on it.  To be honest the "Executive" did not take god care of his bike and it looked it.  Despite the Honda heated grips it was a basic bike no other extras. The in shop demo bike looked brand new and even the pipes are in great shape.

So, yes I am OK with this and makes a bad situation tolerable and now I have a bike with 750K vs. 5875K :016:
Vancouver, Home of the 2010 WINTER Olympics ;-)
Other Bikes we owned:
2006 Suzuki GS500
2007 Suzuki SV650 (Silver & Red)
2008 Honda CBF 1000 (Black & Silver)
2009 Harley Davidson Fatboy
2009 Harley Davidson Street Bob

Offline dwazzer

• CBF Member
« Reply #21 on: 13 May, 2009, 08:27:05 AM »
 :495:

Nice one Soph, Glad you got sorted and it sounds like a very good deal to me... :062:

Cheers, Dave

:031:
I have a CBF1000GT that is sadly for sale, the track toy has gone and I just have a ?500 MX bike to play on.....Oh.....and I HATE Sheep....!!!! (Pic of the biffer with the rugrats on board now up..!)

Offline Sherman

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000FAC
  • City / Town: Ampthill
« Reply #22 on: 13 May, 2009, 09:12:27 AM »
Hi Soph,

Glad you got a deal that made you happy.

Go forth and enjoy.  :300:

Offline spartan117

• CBF Legend
« Reply #23 on: 13 May, 2009, 09:38:04 AM »
 :0461:  Get out there and enjoy.
"Kissing frogs makes you squirm, kissing tarmac makes you scream, keep upright."

Offline tedge

• CBF Member
« Reply #24 on: 13 May, 2009, 09:52:17 AM »
I'm glad you have got a deal you're happy with because my bike is a cat c, which is the same as a Dec & i got it for just over £2000 which if it had not got a cat c, on it would have been worth £4000 plus, what would have been a very big hit for something that is not even you're fault. So i am happy you didn't go down the repair route.

Offline bonoeuf

• CBF Legend
  • County Durham UK
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
  • City / Town: CBF600
« Reply #25 on: 13 May, 2009, 09:53:58 AM »
As long as you are happy with the outcome, that is all that matters. Well done.
Marty
"My father taught me to work, but not to love it. I never did like to work, and I don't deny it. I'd rather read, tell stories, crack jokes, talk, laugh -- anything but work."
Abraham Lincoln.

Offline johnstg2

• CBF God
  • Bike: CBF1000F-AB
  • City / Town: Falkirk
« Reply #26 on: 13 May, 2009, 10:05:07 AM »
Good to hear the situation has been resolved. Don't worry about the fact you've bought an ex-demo. I bought mine as an ex-demo and have had no problems at all. As you say, these bikes are tough and given that the engine has been severely detuned it's very unlikely to have been overstressed.

As Bross said, potential CBF buyers tend to be a bit more mature (old!) and are less likeky to give the demo a thrashing.

All round a good result, I would say.
Boys never grow up - their toys just get more expensive.

Offline dunelm

• CBF Legend
  • City / Town: Redcar
« Reply #27 on: 13 May, 2009, 10:39:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by bonoeuf [+]
New bike or nothing. The DEC is not something I would be willing to have on my bike unless it was my fault. I would not go near the demo bike. I would be having a word with a lawyer, just to see what you can threaten them with it they do not give you what you want. Good luck.
Marty
Sorry to hear about your dilemma but would agree with Matry, why should you suffer for something that the dealer was responsible for and I would assume should be insured against.
I would expect the demo bike as a stop gap to keep you on the road while they sort out your new replacement machine.

David
O'Duibhir, Virtus Sola Nobilitas

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #28 on: 13 May, 2009, 11:49:08 AM »
Flippin eck dave, don't push it Soph has an excellent deal.  If she gets the demonstrator for the next couple of days that would be a bonus indeed.

:149:

Offline soph9

• CBF Master
  • 2010 BMW F650GS
« Reply #29 on: 13 May, 2009, 01:37:11 PM »
I am riding my partners Black CBF at least for today...you know how it is...riding another ones bike is like wearing someone else's underwear! :007: :018: JK....I be will using our Black for the next few days, may partner is on days off....I rather not have a loaner from the dealer just in case I did something...knock on wood!

As far as I am concerned I am getting a new bike out of all this and actually to total damage will most likely be around $3000 CDN...still would have a declaration against and because of that fact alone...I am happy to take the demo.

I am actually impressed that this dealership in the end....has resolved this issue in such a way my partner and I are feeling well treated.  Yeah it is a really unfortunate accident, the kids apologized and every time I went back to the shop the kid who crashed it never hid, he came out to say hi and ask how I was doing.  All the staff there really care and managed me much better than the GM.  Sooooooooooo....a good ending and I will post how this demo rides and if I have any concerns in here as soon as I get to ride my "new" bike!

This forum is awesome BTW...you guys are great even if some of you are "old" CBF riders! :031: :046:

« Last Edit: 13 May, 2009, 01:41:00 PM by soph9 »
Vancouver, Home of the 2010 WINTER Olympics ;-)
Other Bikes we owned:
2006 Suzuki GS500
2007 Suzuki SV650 (Silver & Red)
2008 Honda CBF 1000 (Black & Silver)
2009 Harley Davidson Fatboy
2009 Harley Davidson Street Bob

diverse-leafy