Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Honda knuckle visors  (Read 12317 times)

Offline billthebiker

• CBF Pro
Re: Honda knuckle visors
« Reply #70 on: 26 May, 2009, 05:50:54 PM »
 :028: Just ordered a pair from M&S Honda @ Durham today. Cost £60 inc' VAT. They should be delivered this Thursday. David Silver listed them as out of stock last week. The guys at M&S were telling me about some fairing lowers of Dutch origin which they've recently fitted. About £350. Good colour match, good fit, and easy to remove for oil changes. Can't recall the namebut I'm sure it was Glook or Gloop or the like. Anyway, may give them a try once the jolly season is over.. :007:
"A major contribution to road safety"....... What ?

Offline Brit182

• CBF God
  • Bike: 2012 CBF1000FAC
  • City / Town: West London
« Reply #71 on: 27 May, 2009, 12:08:37 AM »
Chilled,

"In fact the Viper is so bad, my eyes stream with water to the extent that the visor is wet on inside through my tears"

Sorry if this sounds rude (not meant to be) but I wonder if its the shape of your head?

I've had a Viper GT for a couple of years now and while its not particuarly hush (no Arai's are) its in no way how it appears to be for you.

Helmet makers create hats of different sizes but they have to go for a one fits all approach when it comes to the overall shape of a riders head and face - unfortunately we are not all the same where that's concerned.

Arai are one of the few makers that offer different shapes as well as sizes, perhaps the Viper is just the wrong one for you?

Offline Thunderbird2

• CBF Member
« Reply #72 on: 06 October, 2009, 04:13:54 PM »
....any idea if these are available for the Baby Biffer? :027:

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #73 on: 06 October, 2009, 04:20:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Thunderbird2 [+]

I suspect not.  Honda will confirm but if their accessory pages are correct then sadly not.  There is nothing is listed for the CBF600 but they are listed for the CBF1000 - different shape of front fareing.

http://ww1.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/en/jsp/accessories.html

Andy

:149:

Offline MilkyBarKid

• CBF Master
  • Living the dream
  • Bike: KTM 990 SMT
  • City / Town: Wilts/Lancs/M6
« Reply #74 on: 06 October, 2009, 06:31:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Thunderbird2 [+]

If you are referring to the knuckle deflectors, its a little known fact that the CBF1000 ones do actually fit the CBF600 even though they are not listed as suitable.  I know cos I recently fitted them to a 04 CBF600.   I bought mine from Hunts in Manchester and apart from having to straighten a corner of one that had been deformed in the box they went on perfectly.   It was a bit of a gamble on my part and even the guys in stores reckoned they wouldn't but when offered up they fitted no dramas!!

The upper fairings are the same shape, just not painted on the CBF600, so once under the mirrors they follow the same contours.  Unfortunately, I can't show pictures as I wrote the CBF600 off the following week   :019:  BUT I did recover them and they now sit on my 07 CBF1000. 

Mrs MBK said I wrote my mini-biffer off on purpose but that's another story ...... :800:
It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it!

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #75 on: 06 October, 2009, 06:46:23 PM »
 :123:  :020:

Offline Slawcbf

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: Cbf1ka7
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #76 on: 02 February, 2016, 11:04:59 PM »

Offline richardcbf

• CBF God
  • Try Google (" site:cbf1000.com + search word/s ")
  • Bike: CBF1000s Mk1/Mk2
  • City / Town: Surrey ('TW')
(No one ever said on their deathbed, "Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer." Danielle Berry.) http://hmpg.net/

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #78 on: 03 February, 2016, 07:56:18 AM »
That's a GOOD price - grab them while you can.

Just in case anyone was wondering they fit all MKI CBF1000's irrespective of age as well as the CBF600 (2004 style because MBK says so :028:).

As to whether they are effective :187:;  the jury isn't unanimous on this however my take is that if you move your hands inboard on the grips there is a small difference (don't expect them to keep your hands dry if it rains) BUT they certainly 'look the part' almost as if they should have been there in the first place and do afford an extra area on the dash board to mount ancillaries i.e. Sparkbright LED battery/charging thingie or a 12v waterproof power socket etc.

Andy
« Last Edit: 03 February, 2016, 11:53:17 AM by Bifferman »

Offline Slawcbf

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: Cbf1ka7
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #79 on: 03 February, 2016, 10:20:35 PM »
Hi, I've just found even better price(excluding shipping) for the knuckle visors.

£20.12(http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_motorcycle_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17MFA6I1&block_02=08P7201&block_03=85&block_04=xx&block_05=hmc)
19.92(https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/4790537/cbf1000a7-2007-e-abs-mkh/knuckle-visor)

Compared the part number(08P72-MFA-800) with other online sellers and it looks that it's the price you pay for both the left and right visors.

diverse-leafy