Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Black cabs  (Read 1783 times)

Offline kcidybom

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2006 CBF1000A
  • City / Town: London
Black cabs
« on: 24 March, 2009, 09:20:36 PM »
Q. You are riding along in town ( London ) keeping to the 30 mph speed limit. You are on a two carriageway road, one in each direction. Ahead of you a black cab going in the same direction and at the same speed puts on it's rear nearside indicator. What does this mean? :084:

A.
...........It simply indicates that the bulb in that light is currently functioning correctly. It provides absolutely no evidence of the intentions of the driver and vehicle in the near future.
Trust me - 26 years driving and riding in London and this is the truth.

" See God, then brake "

Offline Sixties Lad

• CBF Legend
Re: Black cabs
« Reply #1 on: 24 March, 2009, 09:46:12 PM »
 :001: :001:

If that's the case then all the cars I see have a complete set of duff bulbs. They must fail at the approach to roundabouts and junctions I suppose.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #2 on: 25 March, 2009, 09:19:36 AM »
Not just bulb failure but also brain failure when it comes to lane discipline around roundabouts.....sheesh.

Offline Sherman

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000FAC
  • City / Town: Ampthill
« Reply #3 on: 25 March, 2009, 04:48:03 PM »
I thought this only applied to Volvo's.  :232:

:430: Sorry Andy.

Offline parbajtor

• Bike: CBF1000A 09
  • City / Town: LONDON
« Reply #4 on: 20 February, 2020, 07:02:26 PM »
I was a good friend to a black cab driver (now deceased) and one day when I was complaining about his colleagues' driving he gave me this advice. If the indicators are on it means they're doing a U-turn. They never indicate when actually turning.

diverse-leafy