Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hand Guards - Acerbis Dual Roads  (Read 13692 times)

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
Re: Hand Guards - Acerbis Dual Roads
« Reply #70 on: 04 May, 2009, 10:49:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by Snibor [+]
Hi Bifferman,yes early sixties, for years I commuted to work with a newspaper stuffed inside my leather jacket and yes it did keep the draught
from blowing through the zip.-Snibor

:008:  :047: My then future Moth in Law (now ex Moth in Law) used to keep a bit of cardboard by the front door ready for me when it got really cold.  Didn't have the heart not to take it.

Andy
 :149:

Offline Trousersnake01

• Ex Member
« Reply #71 on: 05 May, 2009, 03:57:34 PM »
They look good Bassman, built for the job.
Look for me in your mirror

Offline dunelm

• CBF Legend
  • City / Town: Redcar
« Reply #72 on: 05 May, 2009, 07:16:37 PM »
Hm! Just had a look on the Honka site at the deflector kit (rrp £60) and decided that I will give them a bash. Horses for courses I suppose but my brother in law has a pretty big set of deflectors on his Triumph and for me it makes it look like it ought to be out on a muddy track somewhere!
O'Duibhir, Virtus Sola Nobilitas

Offline Neddy

• Bike: CBF1000F
  • City / Town: Leighton Buzzard
« Reply #73 on: 18 July, 2009, 11:33:25 PM »
This is a very intresting thread. I have been looking at handguards for a little while now and could not decide what to fit. You lot have solved it for me ... many thanks.

As I'm getting olde now cold hands are becoming a pain - in the hands not the butt! - so hopfully this will fix it.

I have ordered the Honda ones from David Silver, it is choice, thou I do think the Acerbis guards look nice.

Cheers.

Offline Bifferman

• Ex Member
« Reply #74 on: 19 July, 2009, 03:06:58 PM »
Neddy

Simples to fit, just make sure you clean the cowl well first.   Firm down well and wait 3 days if you are paranoid or go for a ride if not.

Andy

:149:

Offline Neddy

• Bike: CBF1000F
  • City / Town: Leighton Buzzard
« Reply #75 on: 24 July, 2009, 06:50:20 PM »
Hi Andy, cheers, I have fitted them ... they are very easy. As for the cleaning isopropyl alchohol does the trick. I use it all the time.

Now to try 'em  :001:

Offline Trousersnake01

• Ex Member
« Reply #76 on: 21 October, 2010, 11:58:15 PM »
I have got to myself some of these Acerbis Dual Road Street Motorbike Handguards
Look for me in your mirror