Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hand Guards - Acerbis Dual Roads  (Read 13530 times)

Offline thosoneill

• CBF Pro
Re: Hand Guards - Acerbis Dual Roads
« Reply #10 on: 30 December, 2008, 12:33:09 AM »
look more like brushguards rather then wind/rain deflectors - doubt if they would do the job - only my opinion mind you

Offline andyinvienna

• CBF Legend
  • Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Vienna
« Reply #11 on: 30 December, 2008, 07:26:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by dazoo [+]

There will always be the issue of them fouling the fairing,  is that the handguards could cause weaving at high speed. Given my CBF's tendancy to wobble it's head as it is, the combination of hand guards and topbox could be enough to make my bike unstable.

This is the problem I have been thinking about, at 200kph it does not take to much to get the bike in to a high speed weave, just deed a bit of wind and turbulence from traffic, not that it was  not easy to control on the Biffer just off with the throttle was enough, but with these on the bike which were I think originaly made for off road style bikes I think it would be a little less easy to control a high speed weave as they would have an effect on the handle bars and make the high speed weave much more violent
Good judgement comes from bad experience ..... Most of that comes from bad judgement.

http://viennamotorbiker.webs.com

Offline dazoo

• CBF Pro
« Reply #12 on: 30 December, 2008, 09:22:50 AM »
look more like brushguards rather then wind/rain deflectors

I had brush guards on previous bikes and whilst they won't provide the comfort of handlebar muffs, they certainly take away a lot of the wind blast. These are advertised as applicable for street bikes and don't have the clumsy form of off-road brush guards, so I suspect they will be much better than standard items.

Street Handguard which protects you from external impacts and crashes. Its aerodynamic design allows a perfect oncoming flow and its aesthetic form fits perfectly to the newest generation of naked and racebikes.

Anyway, as I commute through London some hand protection will be useful and as long as the bike remains stable up to 100, I'll be happy. Ordering a set this morning, so watch this space.
daZoo
07 GSXR750 Phantom
06 CBF1000 ABS
05 KTM 200EXC
(CB250n,CBX750f,GSF1200s,TL1000r,RSVR,DRZ400s,200EXC,950SM)

Offline Trefoil

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: GTR 1400
  • City / Town: Swindon
« Reply #13 on: 30 December, 2008, 02:27:32 PM »
Having looked at the web site I am certainly interested.

They seem as though would deflect the wind + probably keep the worst of the rain away from the fingers/hands and which at this time of year is the important thing.

They also look fairly neat.

Tref
There are only solutions

Offline I2theAN

• CBF Master
« Reply #14 on: 02 January, 2009, 07:52:47 PM »
The knuckle deflectors may not be as good as these but then they look good and they are better than nothing.  A friend uses handlebar muffs in cold weather and says they are fantastic but ugly.  A bike instructor I know uses two finger mitts with silk inners.  Neither are fans of heated bars. 
I slid the back end of my car today on a 360 degree slip road off the M1 today (I pushed too hard).  It was my misjudgement. It slid on the greasy salt slime and then luckily gripped on the dry. If it hadn't gripped, I'd have side-swiped the Armco. I don't ever want to do that on a bike.  I'll put the bike back on the roads when they stop salting them. I won't need hand protectors then.

Offline badg3r

• CBF Pro
« Reply #15 on: 06 January, 2009, 02:27:03 PM »
So they have finally Arrived

Get bits as below, with a couple of fitting bolts for different width handlebars

As per the instructions, with Honda's you have to take out bar ends and inners as they are not the same as everyone else.  Getting the "Special" Honda bar ends out proved to be entertaining, if you don't have Oxford heated grips I found a good guide here on twisted throttle.  If you do good luck, I had to be creative. (Honda inner bar ends below)

Ok, now bar ends are out, will they fit?  looks a bit dubious, but I've come this far dammit.

Now fitted on one side

They Flex!  Steering lock is saved! - Note they do touch Fairing, but flex so steering lock can be reached.

Both fitted.

Evil Honda Bar ends below.

The Finished article, please excuse dirty bike, but I commute into London from Reading every day and the roads are a bit s**t right now. (FS365 for the win)

Pretty.

From the top (The wife's bike hiding in the garage, where it's been for some time, cold she says.)

From the side

I have yet to ride it out yet, so questions of weave, balance and vibration will be answered later.  But Steering lock is not affected, which is nice and was my major worry, my other will be handling, but will let you know when I do.
« Last Edit: 06 January, 2009, 02:53:38 PM by badg3r »
2006 CBF1000 Abs.  The Silver ones go faster.

Offline soph9

• CBF Master
  • 2010 BMW F650GS
« Reply #16 on: 06 January, 2009, 02:52:03 PM »
they look very cool.....and they don't hit the fairing???  Interesting addition to your bike and thanks for the photos....I wonder how they would look with my deflectors I have on from Honda...maybe over kill???  Again, thanks for documenting your installation as least we have a pro if anyone decides to buy these.... :028:
Vancouver, Home of the 2010 WINTER Olympics ;-)
Other Bikes we owned:
2006 Suzuki GS500
2007 Suzuki SV650 (Silver & Red)
2008 Honda CBF 1000 (Black & Silver)
2009 Harley Davidson Fatboy
2009 Harley Davidson Street Bob

Offline Trousersnake01

• Ex Member
« Reply #17 on: 06 January, 2009, 04:18:39 PM »
Badg3r, good post mate, very helpful. Hope to see you on the M4 next week when I get rid of this flu between j6 and j3
Look for me in your mirror

Offline dazoo

• CBF Pro
« Reply #18 on: 06 January, 2009, 04:28:30 PM »
I come in from J10 on M4. Not been recently due to drinking being a necessary part of my job during the festive period, but will look out for you.

The guy on Oxford Road who does bike parts has them in stock. He orders them with the LED inserts - a row of white LEDs across the front. Sounds a bit bling but might be a safety addition? If I had known he had them I would have given him my business, still waiting for them to arrive.

I have experienced those bar ends before, what utter barstewards they are...
daZoo
07 GSXR750 Phantom
06 CBF1000 ABS
05 KTM 200EXC
(CB250n,CBX750f,GSF1200s,TL1000r,RSVR,DRZ400s,200EXC,950SM)

Offline Trousersnake01

• Ex Member
« Reply #19 on: 06 January, 2009, 04:38:35 PM »
I have the proper Honda deflectors. I can only compare them with the mighty blackbird. My hands used to freeze on the bird even with muffs and heated grips, but the little bits of plastic from Honda on the CBF means I'm still wearing my summer gloves as the draft is a tiny amount in comparesen.
Id be interested to try both. Look forward to your update re the draft Badg3r.
Just trying to get a picture of mine uploaded
Look for me in your mirror

diverse-leafy