Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Could It Be? A Chink In Biffer's Supreme Ridability Crown?!  (Read 3454 times)

andyscbf1000

Re: Could It Be? A Chink In Biffer's Supreme Ridability Crown?!
« Reply #60 on: 30 September, 2008, 08:41:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by I2theAN [+]
It doesn't need 6 gears if truth be told.  I am forever looking for top at 40 having gone through the irrelevant 4th and 5th to get to the next gear up from 3rd.  Bikes have 6 in the box because it's sexy and marketing men tell designers they must put them in.  The CBF, with its torquey motor, could easily cope with 4 gears with a taller top gear or maybe 5 with an overdrive top  and would still pull like a train.  6 gears are needed in bikes with narrow power bands and the new generation turbo diesel cars because they have a 2,000 rpm power band.  It makes them a pain in the arse to drive as you are constantly changing up and down to stay in the zone. 

My first bike had 3 gears and I thought it was great.  Then went to 4 and I thought it was the dogs elipsoids, then 5 and no words to describe how I felty, now 6 and all I get is that top gear never seems high enough and I am wearing my left (used to be right  :047: ) boot out.

You are right though, I often go 1st to 3rd and even then miss gogs to top if I am in that mood and the Biff still zips along.

Andy

Offline peter h

• CBF Pro
  • We don't use clocks in Spain- we use a calendar!!!
  • Bike: CBF 1000 / 2007
  • City / Town: La Marina
Re: Could It Be? A Chink In Biffer's Supreme Ridability Crown?!
« Reply #61 on: 02 October, 2008, 03:31:33 PM »
Didn't I say about six weeks ago, when I got my biffer, that it had things on it that weren't needed:-   like 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th gears?     
  javascript:replaceText('%20:480:',%20document.forms.postmodify.message); 
Sporting De San Fulgencio Football Supporters Club