Author Topic: Balkans And Dolomites  (Read 873 times)

Offline PunkFather

• CBF Pro
  • Topic Author
Balkans And Dolomites
on: 13 August, 2008, 02:16:49 PM
Hi there,

I have returned from Balkans and Northern Italy (Dolomites) recently. I must say the whole trip  was fantastic. And Biffer performed superbly. I was with 4 other friends of mine and they have GS 1200 Adv, Varadero, CBF600, Fazer 600. But the biffer shined brightly among them by all means. We have done 3,500 km and 9 countries in 10 days. The route was as follows;

Istanbul, Turkey,
Alexandropoulis, Greece
Skopje, Macadonia
Kosova
Budva, Montenegro
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Mostar, Bosnia
Sirmione and Dolomites, Italy
Sta Maria, Switzerland
Lubijana, Slovenia

Highlights;

I highly recommend Montenegro to all of you. Wonderful country. I have the best moments of biking on the fast and twisty mountain roads for 350 km. A biker must ride on these roads before he/she dies. Budva is the town where all the beautiful girls on earth are.

A classic bikers place may be but Stelvio Pass/Italy was also terrific. The weather was dreamy and the landscape melting into clouds were fantastic.

We have accidentally found ourselves in Switzerland. A small town called Sta Maria. Nearly 380 people lives here and there is the smallest whiskey bar on earth. They serve appr. 100 kinds of whiskeys and not to mention other drinks also. We had a wonderful chat with the owner, an English biker, and Dutch guy travelling with a bicycle.

I was really proud of the biffer. Sometimes we have ridden 14 hrs a day and the next day I wanted to jump on the bike again. It is a fantastic bike. Lucky us :123:

Riding On The Wind

Offline Breeze

• CBF Legend
Re: Balkans And Dolomites
Reply #1 on: 10 September, 2008, 07:44:50 PM
 :001: I seem to have missed this report, you certainly put her through her paces, that's a large mileage, I`d love to do something like that , maybe one day. Mine`s the same colour I was admiring the top box and panniers colour coded certainly enhances the look, the back drops impressive too.