Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tyres......  (Read 3430 times)

Offline vasiamile

• CBF Master
Re: Tyres......
« Reply #40 on: 02 August, 2008, 03:58:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by 6vbnm6 [+]
:187: Tyres ready to change which ones PR2s or Roadsmarts Help.... :440:
i have put the roadsmart and i am very happy for this

Offline vasiamile

• CBF Master
« Reply #41 on: 02 August, 2008, 04:01:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by daveuprite [+]
I live in France and bought my new CBF1000 about 2 months ago. It came with BT57s and they are rubbish.  I thrashed the bike to its handling limit in the Pyrennees a couple of weeks ago, on the way to the Catalunya GP, and had it absolutely tied in knots.  You can just feel that the chassis and even the mediocre suspension is capable of more than the tyres.  As others have said BT57s make you feel like you are on the verge of crashing on all committed wet corners and even some dry ones.  I should have changed them before the trip but now they are definitely on their way to a dusty corner of my barn/garage.  Planning to try a pair of 2CT or maybe BT014s to match the hyperpro internals I'm fitting - anyone got any thing to say about this idea I'd like to hear.  If I don't make these changes I will begin to regret buying such a soft road bike when I'm used to flickable sports bikes.  Or should I stay with road/tour biased tyres like the PR2s?
the bt014 is e good tyre but for 4k miles only

andyscbf1000

« Reply #42 on: 02 August, 2008, 06:09:32 PM »
Stone BT014 may be a good tyre but maybe not so good for the Biffer.  Softer compound really for supersport bikes and the occasional track day.