Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tyres......  (Read 3426 times)

Offline fatharry

• CBF Legend
Re: Tyres......
« Reply #10 on: 24 June, 2008, 06:45:52 PM »
I am looking at the Hyperpro internals too.......i am a heavy lump, so stiffer more progressive suspension helps me make the most from the bike!! (i find the front soft under hard braking with 20 stone bearing down on the tank), however i think the profile is all important with tyres, personally i would stick with the PR2's, they are tried and tested...and do what they say on the tin!, and i reckon from other peoples experiences (some very quick riders on this forum)these tyres represent a very good compromise for the amount of ground they cover. Let us know how you get on with the Hyperpro's and what you decide with the tyres??

:001:
It's not a case of whether we can fix it or not - it's more a case of how fixed would you like it?

Offline Furlongs

• CBF Master
« Reply #11 on: 24 June, 2008, 06:59:17 PM »
Sorry to be the odd one out here but I bought my Biffa 3 months ago and it came with BT57's. I have done 1500 miles and have had no probs even in the wet.  I had Bridgestiones on my Pan European and on my VFR and loved them.  No probs for me .  Never let go!!

Offline Dodger

• CBF Legend
« Reply #12 on: 24 June, 2008, 07:29:19 PM »
put it this way, the PR2's are just 9.5 out of ten in all aspects, wet or dry.

If the roadsmart is a better tyre, then I dont think I am a good enough rider to notice

Andy swears by them as does everyone who has them.

Go for the roadsmarts and tell us what you think.  That will save me wasting my cash if they are crap  :031:
If you are arguing with an idiot make sure the other guy is not doing the same

Offline 6vbnm6

« Reply #13 on: 24 June, 2008, 07:54:26 PM »
 :028: hey thanks everybody for the input looks like ill be going for the PR2s   :046:

Offline Trefoil

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: GTR 1400
  • City / Town: Swindon
« Reply #14 on: 24 June, 2008, 08:45:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by andyscbf1000 [+]
Does anyone know but do Honka still try and palm us off with BT57's on new Biffers or have they got the message at last?

Not sure how it works but somebody somehwere decides on either PR's or BT57's - different dealers different tyres.

Tref
There are only solutions

Offline stusbluecbf

• CBF Master
« Reply #15 on: 24 June, 2008, 08:52:43 PM »
Just bought a set of roadsmarts to replace the dissapointing BT021's, will let you know what they are like when i get them fitted & scrubbed in.

andyscbf1000

« Reply #16 on: 25 June, 2008, 08:13:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by stusbluecbf [+]
Just bought a set of roadsmarts to replace the disappointing BT021's, will let you know what they are like when i get them fitted & scrubbed in.

Will look forward to this comparison.    What did you find disappointing about the BT021's ?  They are supposed to be a huge leap forward from the BT 057's which most people seem to regard as not being up to the market these days.

Andy
« Last Edit: 25 June, 2008, 08:15:22 AM by andyscbf1000 »

Offline andyinvienna

• CBF Legend
  • Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Vienna
« Reply #17 on: 25 June, 2008, 10:01:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by stusbluecbf [+]
Just bought a set of roadsmarts to replace the dissapointing BT021's, will let you know what they are like when i get them fitted & scrubbed in.

Tell my how they react on 180deg bends and roundabouts, I never noticed any problems when they were new but now at 6000km they seem to dive into the tight corners though at all other road speeds and conditions they are great
Good judgement comes from bad experience ..... Most of that comes from bad judgement.

http://viennamotorbiker.webs.com

Offline Furlongs

• CBF Master
« Reply #18 on: 25 June, 2008, 05:33:07 PM »
Rossi seems to do ok on Bridgestones!!  Must be you :mfrlol:

Offline andyinvienna

• CBF Legend
  • Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Vienna
« Reply #19 on: 25 June, 2008, 07:23:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Furlongs [+]
Rossi seems to do ok on Bridgestones!!  Must be you :mfrlol:
:0461: Rossi is doing ok on bridgestones, but unfortunately I am on Dunlop road smarts and I am trying to get some feedback on a problem that was highlighted by me and Sonic on another thread on Road smarts  :232:
Good judgement comes from bad experience ..... Most of that comes from bad judgement.

http://viennamotorbiker.webs.com