Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tyres......  (Read 3521 times)

Offline 6vbnm6

Tyres......
« on: 24 June, 2008, 01:30:15 PM »
 :187: Tyres ready to change which ones PR2s or Roadsmarts Help.... :440:

Offline andyinvienna

• CBF Legend
  • Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Vienna
Re: Tyres......
« Reply #1 on: 24 June, 2008, 02:16:27 PM »
I have roadsmarts they are very good, but on slow tight bends and tight roundabouts they seem to drop into the corner unexpectedly, not had the PR2 but had the PR1, I would recommend the PR2
Good judgement comes from bad experience ..... Most of that comes from bad judgement.

http://viennamotorbiker.webs.com

Offline Trefoil

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: GTR 1400
  • City / Town: Swindon
« Reply #2 on: 24 June, 2008, 02:44:01 PM »
Absolutely no complaints about PR2's
Improved handling and turn in, appear to be very good in all weather conditions.

Very pleased with mine  :002:

Tref
There are only solutions

andyscbf1000

« Reply #3 on: 24 June, 2008, 03:31:18 PM »
PR2's.       I continue to be amazed at the wet weather performance of these tyres.  They really ARE confidence inspiring.  Braking in the wet/damp is pretty outstanding to.  Mich have done a GOOD job on these.

Does anyone know but do Honka still try and palm us off with BT57's on new Biffers or have they got the message at last?

Offline Ant

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: Mk1
« Reply #4 on: 24 June, 2008, 04:10:12 PM »
I'm going for a set of PR2s in about 3k, hear good reports about them.

Offline andy.b

• CBF Pro
« Reply #5 on: 24 June, 2008, 04:52:49 PM »
need some for mine now but who make these  pr2s  :031:

Offline vsuoata

• CBF Member
« Reply #6 on: 24 June, 2008, 05:06:44 PM »
MICHELIN Pilot Road 2 - great tyres even in Norway

Arild
If you win the rat race - you're still just a rat

Offline fatharry

• CBF Legend
« Reply #7 on: 24 June, 2008, 05:44:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by andyscbf1000 [+]
PR2's.       I continue to be amazed at the wet weather performance of these tyres.  They really ARE confidence inspiring.  Braking in the wet/damp is pretty outstanding to.  Mich have done a GOOD job on these.

Does anyone know but do Honka still try and palm us off with BT57's on new Biffers or have they got the message at last?

NO more BT57's, standard boots are PR1's, as per new CBF i bought recently (thankfully) :001:
It's not a case of whether we can fix it or not - it's more a case of how fixed would you like it?

Offline daveuprite

• CBF Member
« Reply #8 on: 24 June, 2008, 06:11:13 PM »
I live in France and bought my new CBF1000 about 2 months ago. It came with BT57s and they are rubbish.  I thrashed the bike to its handling limit in the Pyrennees a couple of weeks ago, on the way to the Catalunya GP, and had it absolutely tied in knots.  You can just feel that the chassis and even the mediocre suspension is capable of more than the tyres.  As others have said BT57s make you feel like you are on the verge of crashing on all committed wet corners and even some dry ones.  I should have changed them before the trip but now they are definitely on their way to a dusty corner of my barn/garage.  Planning to try a pair of 2CT or maybe BT014s to match the hyperpro internals I'm fitting - anyone got any thing to say about this idea I'd like to hear.  If I don't make these changes I will begin to regret buying such a soft road bike when I'm used to flickable sports bikes.  Or should I stay with road/tour biased tyres like the PR2s?

Offline patrickt

• CBF Master
« Reply #9 on: 24 June, 2008, 06:41:41 PM »
Good thread.. saved me asking the question as I now need a new tyres prior to Austria  tour, so its PR2's for me.

diverse-leafy