Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BT021 s  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Aitchkay

• CBF Member
BT021 s
« on: 06 June, 2008, 11:29:41 AM »
hi all,

I know this old chestnut has been covered before but I would be keen to hear what sort of mileage people are getting from different tyres ( along with their impression of the tyre - handling etc ).

I had a pair of 021s fitted just two weeks ago in anticiaption of a little junkett to Holland and back - well I'm back, 3000 miles covered since the tyres were fitted - rear is developing a bit of a flat ( about right for the mileage ) but the front has shouldered badly and  they handled like pigs in the wet  :023:- not impressed at all.

Soooo.....

What tyres do people who, ahem,  "make good progress"   :007: -  in all weather use

Cheers

H
Doing my best, Boss, Running all the way

Offline Dodger

• CBF Legend
Re: BT021 s
« Reply #1 on: 06 June, 2008, 01:38:26 PM »
If you want to make progress in all weathers then in my opinion there are only two tyres worth considering from all I have read from eveyday bikers on various forums.

The First are the PR2's.  I have had a couple of sets of these myself now.  They transform your bike from jittery to nutty from slow into corners to very quick.  In the wet, well it may as well be dry.  Brilliant tyre and 10,000 miles to boot

The Second is the Dunlop road Smart...not tried it myself, but from those that have only good things have need said, wet or dry.  They may well be the best tyre ever, but would have to be brilliant plus to beat the PR2's.

BT021's BT020's etc had them all and would not put them on my bike these days if you gave them too me.

If you are arguing with an idiot make sure the other guy is not doing the same

Offline egbert100

• CBF Pro
« Reply #2 on: 06 June, 2008, 06:50:37 PM »
Seems the BT021's get a bit of a mixed review. I changed the original BT57's for 021's about 2500 miles ago and so far I'm very pleased with their performance. No issue at all with the front in terms of wear and back looks to be as expected. Much happier with their performance in the dry and don't bother trying to push too much in the wet.   

Guess tyres are just another area where views differ.

Offline andycbf

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2008 CBF1000 ABS
« Reply #3 on: 06 June, 2008, 07:00:57 PM »
Haven't had a problem with the BT57's, and we've had very few dry days down south since I bought the bike in April.

Offline andyinvienna

• CBF Legend
  • Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Vienna
« Reply #4 on: 08 June, 2008, 03:16:58 PM »
smarts  :028: 6000km including a lot of motorway and still like new  :005: not had PR2 but in tests they came close to the smarts, but I am now a Smart man   :031: :mfrlol: well worth the 20 quid less than the PR2. Get Smart and watch the movie tooo, yep it would be a smart move  :430: :431: but they are good  :018: hey dunlop were's me promo money  :027:
Good judgement comes from bad experience ..... Most of that comes from bad judgement.

http://viennamotorbiker.webs.com

Offline voomonster

• CBF Master
« Reply #5 on: 08 June, 2008, 08:01:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dodger [+]
BT021's BT020's etc had them all and would not put them on my bike these days if you gave them too me.
Me neither - very poor mileage out of them. Over hyped and over priced imho.
It's better to burn out than to fade away

Offline bignige

• CBF Master
« Reply #6 on: 09 June, 2008, 12:53:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by egbert100 [+]
Seems the BT021's get a bit of a mixed review. I changed the original BT57's for 021's about 2500 miles ago and so far I'm very pleased with their performance. No issue at all with the front in terms of wear and back looks to be as expected. Much happier with their performance in the dry and don't bother trying to push too much in the wet.   

I would be inclined to agree, I'm very pleased with my 021's & done approx 2,000 miles on them so far.  A noticeable improvement on the 057's
" It is  better to light a candle than complain about the darkness"

Offline BB3

• CBF Member
« Reply #7 on: 09 June, 2008, 08:11:07 PM »
Just had 021's fitted and done 2000 miles round France. Don't like them, I feel every bump in the road, and they feel vague into corners until you get them well warmed up. Then OKish. I had 014's before, the were great, stuck like glue to the road, down side was only did 3500 before the canvas showed. Will be studying the forum when I'm next due for a change.

Offline Dodger

• CBF Legend
« Reply #8 on: 09 June, 2008, 08:47:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by bignige [+]
*Originally Posted by egbert100 [+]

I would be inclined to agree, I'm very pleased with my 021's & done approx 2,000 miles on them so far.  A noticeable improvement on the 057's

:0461:

of course the 021's are better than the 057's Nige.

That is a bit like saying a potato is sweeter than an onion. Truth is neither are very sweet but the potato is the lesser evil.

057's are a rubbish tyre and I do not like the 021's in the wet either.

Treat yourself to a decent tyre next time, then come back and either agree or tell me I am a plonker  :001:
If you are arguing with an idiot make sure the other guy is not doing the same

Offline bignige

• CBF Master
« Reply #9 on: 09 June, 2008, 11:34:54 PM »
No I wont call you a plonker even if I don't like the same tyres I may try some PR2's as you suggest next time but not yet I hope these last a bit longer as I've only had them a month !
Can we discuss it over a  :031: I still owe you one as I recall.  :084:
" It is  better to light a candle than complain about the darkness"

diverse-leafy