Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tyre Testing The New Dunlops  (Read 2928 times)

Offline midlife c

• CBF Master
  • Bike: BMW 1300GT
  • City / Town: Winskill
Re: Tyre Testing The New Dunlops
« Reply #10 on: 23 May, 2008, 02:51:38 PM »
Andy and Ady

Can you tell me if you are still happy with your road smarts.

In a different thread people were aiming towards PR2s but the road smart seems to be the flavour of the month here.

I want tyres that will aslt for me as well as keep me safe. When I changed from the original B75 (I Think) to the 21s I realy did not like them but they have grown on me. However they do not like white lines and am not certain that in the wet they are any better than my old tyres. Think I want to change as I am soon going on a trip through Spain and France.

Any help from you both would be great

Graham
great to ride on the long and twisty roads

Offline andyinvienna

• CBF Legend
  • Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Vienna
« Reply #11 on: 24 May, 2008, 11:00:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by midlife c [+]
Andy and Ady

Can you tell me if you are still happy with your road smarts.

In a different thread people were aiming towards PR2s but the road smart seems to be the flavour of the month here.

I want tyres that will aslt for me as well as keep me safe. When I changed from the original B75 (I Think) to the 21s I realy did not like them but they have grown on me. However they do not like white lines and am not certain that in the wet they are any better than my old tyres. Think I want to change as I am soon going on a trip through Spain and France.

Any help from you both would be great

Graham

Hi Graham,
You would have no problems fitting the PR2 or the Roadsmarts, I am sure that you would like them both, I have not heard of anyone that has gone from PR2 to roadsmarts, the PR2 has been around much longer and has a good following with Biffer owners, I love my roadsmarts, I had PR1's before and I think these tyres are better than them even though I thought they were very good too, Roadsmarts are a little cheaper, but Michelin are offering £20 fuel voucher, which ever you get you will have a good tyre.
Andy
Good judgement comes from bad experience ..... Most of that comes from bad judgement.

http://viennamotorbiker.webs.com

Offline Trefoil

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: GTR 1400
  • City / Town: Swindon
« Reply #12 on: 24 May, 2008, 03:10:21 PM »
If anybody is going to buy PR2's it might be an idea to buy them before the end of this month (May) as the Mitchelin offer of getting a £20 fuel voucher when you purchase PR2's expires at the end of this month.

Tref
There are only solutions

Offline Sonic

• CBF Legend
« Reply #13 on: 25 May, 2008, 10:50:47 AM »
How do you get the fuel voucher? I have just order a new front PR2.

Offline Sonic

• CBF Legend
« Reply #14 on: 25 May, 2008, 10:56:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonic [+]
How do you get the fuel voucher? I have just order a new front PR2.
Cancell my last found it on Google.

Offline Trefoil

• CBF Legend
« Reply #15 on: 25 May, 2008, 12:53:10 PM »
Hi Sonic

The receipt has to be dated no later than 31st May 2008. You can download the claim form from Michelin web site http://www.michelin.co.uk and go to the Two Wheel section and there should be a big advert half way down the page

The claim form has to be submiited by the 30th June

Tref
« Last Edit: 25 May, 2008, 12:56:52 PM by Trefoil »
There are only solutions

Offline Sonic

• CBF Legend
« Reply #16 on: 25 May, 2008, 06:34:07 PM »
Thanks Trefoil I had found the voucher & downloaded it.
I have also ordered a rear tyre as well, to make up the set.

Offline midlife c

• CBF Master
  • Bike: BMW 1300GT
  • City / Town: Winskill
« Reply #17 on: 25 May, 2008, 07:00:07 PM »
Thanks Andy

my local Honda dealer is trying to keep my on the B021s but I will change. The only problem is you cannot get the rear tyre for the dunlops without a long wait, so I have been told by them so may have to go for the PR2s as I need them for my trip through Spain and France.

So will use the voucher which will help as my Audi has managed to fit £80 of fuel

Graham
great to ride on the long and twisty roads

Offline Trefoil

• CBF Legend
« Reply #18 on: 25 May, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »
I was seriously looking at Roadsmarts but the motorcycle tyre dealers I spoke to said there is a delay on the rear from some reason. But I think Ady has just had a set fitted in the last week or so - there must be some about somewhere

I am very happy with the PR2's so far.

Tref
There are only solutions

Offline andyinvienna

• CBF Legend
  • Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Vienna
« Reply #19 on: 26 May, 2008, 08:50:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by midlife c [+]
Thanks Andy

my local Honda dealer is trying to keep my on the B021s but I will change. The only problem is you cannot get the rear tyre for the dunlops without a long wait, so I have been told by them so may have to go for the PR2s as I need them for my trip through Spain and France.

So will use the voucher which will help as my Audi has managed to fit £80 of fuel

Graham

I had the same thing with a couple of dealers "I do not have them in sir but we can do a good deal on some Bridgstones   :001: "  well I guess that says a lot when the dealers are trying desperately to ofload there stock that fewer riders want, time bridgstone came out with a new tyre me thinks  :mfrlol:
Good judgement comes from bad experience ..... Most of that comes from bad judgement.

http://viennamotorbiker.webs.com

diverse-leafy