Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mail order tyres - who will fit?  (Read 732 times)

Offline chubbleybear

• CBF Master
Mail order tyres - who will fit?
« on: 13 August, 2008, 06:43:20 PM »
As both my trusty PR1s are soon to expire after 10k miles I have been looking at new tyres on eBay.

I havn't decided whether to get PR2s at £173 per pair, Roadsmarts at £163 per pair (both from Round & Black, plus £7 p+p) or even be a cheapskate and try some Road Attacks £138 from BCT.

However, whichever I get will need to be fitted. The last time I tried to get tyres I'd bought from eBay fitted by someone else I got ripped off, because the price I was quoted didn't include a disposal fee for the old tyres, balancing, a new valve etc. etc. etc.

I'd be very reluctant to take my wheels to a run-of-the-mill car tyre fitter like ATS because I think they'd probably mangle them, even if they were willing to try. Am I being unfair? Has anyone tried this?

:465:
No good deed goes unpunished.

Offline patrickt

• CBF Master
Re: Mail order tyres - who will fit?
« Reply #1 on: 13 August, 2008, 06:51:36 PM »
I recently paid £210 for PR2's, fitted. Rode in and rode out an hour later.

The price was fione forme as I got them at short notice without the hassel of removing wheels etc.

P

Offline chilled

• CBF Master
  • well............what can I say??
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #2 on: 13 August, 2008, 06:56:22 PM »
I have bought tyres  off the net before, and had them fitted by Watling Tyres, but by the time you pay for the fitting etc, might as well buy direct from them - they always do deals on tyres, as I am sure many other places do.
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul

andyscbf1000

« Reply #3 on: 13 August, 2008, 07:30:18 PM »
Iv'e done net purchase of tyres before to save money.  By the time you have finished you dont save much if anything and there is a huge hassle factor involved.  WHIW I would stick at a good drive in drive out service or if you have a local good mobile fitter with all the gear this is the esaiest of the lot - will do at work or at home.

Andy