Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Which version? With or without ABS ??  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Big Bear

• Original site owner
  • Non Active
Re: Which version? With or without ABS ??
« Reply #10 on: 14 March, 2006, 09:38:28 AM »
Well I started this thread because I was curious to know what people would choose. I know in the past manufacturers have had problems with ABS - e.g braking hard over bumpy rippled surfaces.

However from what I've read elsewhere I have the feeling now that the early glitches are sorted.

Interestingly, I've been told that most bikes will come with ABS. If you don't want it then this might be more of an issue getting a bike. Basically you are opting out if you don't want it, otherwise you get it. Now whether this is true I don't know ?? However, its a clever marketing plan because the price point below £6000 is very attractive, however when you go to order the bike you might then be persusded to pay the extra if you have to wait weeks to get a basic one.

Another issue might be colours, there has also been talk that some bikes might only be in certain colours depending on whether you take the ABS or not. Again I can't confirm this at present.

Feedback what your dealer tells you and we might get more info although currently even the dealers have very little info   ;)

Offline Smudger

• CBF Master
  • Bike: MK2
  • City / Town: Shepperton, SRY
« Reply #11 on: 14 March, 2006, 07:09:11 PM »
I know when Triumph launched the new sprint the ABS version was only in 1 colour ( red I think ), therefore if that is the colour you want you had no choice. The Honda dealers I have spoken to do not even seem to consider the non ABS version. Maybe there might be a deal on one of they  are not selling as quickly.

gbuckham

« Reply #12 on: 17 March, 2006, 02:56:35 PM »
Most definately with ABS! Why? My previous bike was a BMW R1150R with ABS and one day last autumn I encountered a flock off sheep just round a sharp bend on a very muddy (read sheep-s**t covered) road surface. I had to break quite hard, although my speed was quite slow. The ABS kicked in on the back wheel and I was able to come to a safe stop. Not sure what would have happened without the ABS. But I lived to tell the tale.

Gary Buckham

Offline Kel

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Wrexham
« Reply #13 on: 21 March, 2006, 12:39:41 PM »
I have ordered mine with ABS for the extra safety. I also saw a friend grab a handfull of front brake and the bike dropped like a stone and slid into the back of a police car so know that one incident can be very costly. The centre stand thrown in is an added bonus.

Offline jcmk

• CBF Pro
« Reply #14 on: 22 March, 2006, 09:14:26 PM »
Hi Big Bear,

I recently tested the Honda ABS system. You can find the results in this post:
https://www.cbf1000.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,38/topic,83.0

Regards,

JCMK

Offline bornagain

• CBF Pro
« Reply #15 on: 27 March, 2006, 06:30:42 PM »
I've ordered mine with ABS as it was the only option offered. I was told only ABS version was coming to the UK at present and it will be silver or black. I wanted the Silver so no problem but I still have to wait 4 weeks to get it. On the good side maybe this bloody weather will pick up by then.

Offline allclaret

• CBF Member
  • Burnley, Lancashire, England
« Reply #16 on: 28 March, 2006, 04:43:10 PM »
as above i was told more than likeley that only the abs version coming to uk i got mine this morning and it is also silver so you can guess i got ABS. ;D
UP THE CLARETS