Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Launch review!  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Seed

• CBF Pro
Launch review!
« on: 02 March, 2006, 12:12:50 PM »
Hi everyone,

Superbike Magazine has posted a very favourable brief review from the CBF1000's launch in Athens - check out the link:

http://www.superbikemagazine.com/news/SuperBike__Honda_CBF1000_2006_launch_news_81092.html

Cheers!

Seed ;D
« Last Edit: 04 March, 2006, 10:43:28 AM by Big Bear »

Offline Big Bear

• Original site owner
  • Non Active
Re: Launch review!
« Reply #1 on: 02 March, 2006, 01:19:56 PM »
Thats a excellent review and basically confirms what we (on this site) thought the bike would be  :D

As the article says late last year most people had the likes of the Yamaha R6, FZ-1, Triumph's 675 Daytona, etc on their wish lists (including me). However, after sitting down and really thinking about what would be an everyday usuable decent machine the CBF started to move up my list.

Sure if you want ultimate power then the big CBF is beaten hands down. But thats not what its about and people are only just catching on to that idea that actually the CBF may be just what they are after.

Personally I don't ride at 140mph + all day so why go there, what you need is usuable power and the CBF on paper seemed it could deliver. My only initial concern was that as a semi-budget machine it would'nt handle - well that seems to be unfounded from this review.

I smiled when it was described as a "crack-fuelled Superhooligan of a bike"  ;D

Honda might be smiling too and getting the last laugh on those that initially dismissed it last year.  :D

And to be honest, as a review from Superbike thats pretty good. By the nature of their magazine they obviously tend to review the fastest/meanist bikes (thats why its called Superbike) and the CBF could easily have been left off their list as well.

Nice one Superbike  ;)

Big Bear

Offline Seed

• CBF Pro
« Reply #2 on: 02 March, 2006, 06:11:20 PM »
Good comments Big Bear - I agree wholeheartedly. :)

I've had quite a few sportsbikes in the past but unless you're going mental they're pretty uncomfortable and impractical for everyday use. I use my bike year-round virtually every day, so I need something that's comfy, quick enough to be fun, and agile with good handling. My current bike (Hornet 9) nearly fits the bill but it's not so good for longer trips. Sounds like the CBF1000 though could be one of the best all-rounders on the market. (Better than the ludicrous VTEC VFR - I used to be a fan of Vifs until they ruined the engine.)

I had a CBF600 one day as a loan bike, and I absolutely loved it! Despite the lack of power, it was just damn good fun to chuck around and it had lovely neutral steering and beautiful balance. I even toasted a Gixer 600 rider through a tight S bend!  ;D If the CBF1000 has that same neutrality, balance and chuckability it will be a winner.

Anyway, I'll let you all know after my test ride on Saturday. :D

Cheers,

Seed

Offline Big Bear

• Original site owner
  • Non Active
« Reply #3 on: 03 March, 2006, 01:15:23 PM »
Bet you get a silver one to try  ;)

Yes feed back your impressions.

Actually I'm thinking of adding a users review section to the front end of the site. Certainly as the bike is new I think this would benefit alot of people who are thinking about buying the bike yet want to hear what ordinary bikers think.

I still thinking about how to do this but if people are interested then they would need to write a fairly comprehensive review that covers all areas (just like the bike mags do). Any pics would be great as well !

What about that - any thoughts ..?

Big Bear  ;)

Offline Seed

• CBF Pro
« Reply #4 on: 03 March, 2006, 02:11:39 PM »
I think that's a great idea Big Bear. I'll give you a brief report after the test ride but if or when I buy one I'd be happy to write a more comprehensive review and send some pics too.

Cheers mate  :)

Offline Big Bear

• Original site owner
  • Non Active
« Reply #5 on: 04 March, 2006, 10:45:36 AM »
Superbike Magazine has posted a very favourable brief review from the CBF1000's launch in Athens - check out the link:

http://www.superbikemagazine.com/news/SuperBike__Honda_CBF1000_2006_launch_news_81092.html

NOTE from Big Bear: This article is now reproduced on this site with permission of Superbike magazine - our thnx to Seed for original link:    ;)

https://www.cbf1000.com/content/view/29/42