Author Topic: GOOD FOOD GUIDE SECTION  (Read 1073 times)

Offline GeoffWilson

• CBF Master
  • Topic Author
GOOD FOOD GUIDE SECTION
on: 25 August, 2007, 04:22:47 PM
Hey BIG BEAR... How about adding a "GOOD FOOD" GUIDE to your BOARD NAME section in the forum.
Then members could recommend best stops for food and drink, hospitality, service etc. on days out or camping trips... would be helpful if we all got used to using location name as subject  heading when we enter a message.

Offline andycbf

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2008 CBF1000 ABS
Re: GOOD FOOD GUIDE SECTION
Reply #1 on: 30 August, 2007, 12:56:53 PM
Here's one to leave out, McD's. Stopped off for lunch in one after a ride out in Chilterns, having pulled a nail out of back tyre and letting ultraseal do it's thing. Only stopped there because it had a car park. Their food tastes like total s!!!e. Hadn't stepped foot in there for years and the place was full of people who seem to eat there as part of their staple diet. Never again unless I can help it :010: 

Offline GeoffWilson

• CBF Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 30 August, 2007, 04:33:57 PM
Goes without saying...I would rather starve than eat s MacDonalds, but everyone to their own. I am a pro chef, and hold interests and qualificatins in nutrition, dietetics and health issues, and did head the suggested section GOOD food guide. On days out I always make and take my own stuff, but would welcome recommendations for longer trips away.

Offline EssexBen

• CBF Member
Reply #3 on: 02 September, 2007, 08:33:47 PM
 :oldie:If you are up North then the Penny Garth Cafe at Hawes is very biker friendly with traditional biker fare, likewise the Seaways Cafe  at Fridaythorpe in East Yorkshire.  Round here (East Anglia) there is a fantastic cafe at the top of the cliffs in Overstrand and a biker pig out spot at the Dairy Cabin in Burnham on Crouch. Then there is always the fish and chips at Aldborough and at Dunwich and the oysters at West Mersea.  :oldie:
Ooh look! Engines that don't drip oil, tyres that grip the road. Modern times eh?

Offline Hagar

• CBF Legend
  • City / Town: Aberdeen
Reply #4 on: 18 November, 2007, 09:38:22 PM
If you ever get up into the Highlands of Scotland and are around Braemar you must stop off at the Hungry Highlander, great bikers stop and they do a decent bambi burger. When ever I have been there you cannot move for bikes  :028: Then off up the road over Glenshee down to the Spital of Glenshee were there is another good eating stop (they also have a petrol pump!) I know people who go there purely for the roast beef and gravy sandwiches, me its just the huge scones yum :046:

Offline Sonic

• CBF Legend
Reply #5 on: 19 November, 2007, 09:10:50 PM
Good idea Geoff.

Offline BOMBER

• CBF Pro
Reply #6 on: 21 November, 2007, 10:42:36 PM
If you Ever come down to kent you have got to Eat at the OAKDENE CAFE. Place dont look much inside and out, But the Food is excellent and a lot is Home made, Sunday mornings is always busy with bikers and can get rammed in the summer, and there"s Always a good feel about the place whenever you go there. Those who dont know where it is near the Junction of the M26 and the A20 (Wrotham). Good food at a Good price.