Author Topic: Petition for motorcycles to use bus lanes in England  (Read 493 times)

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
A Petition to Require local authorities in England to permit motorcycles in bus lanes.

LINK HERE

We want the Government to implement the necessary changes to enable motorcycles to use any bus lanes in England. The Government should amend the legislation empowering local authorities to create bus lanes, so that they must permit motorcycles to use all bus lanes.

Offline davidjg

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
Re: Petition for motorcycles to use bus lanes in England
Reply #1 on: 30 April, 2022, 02:53:19 PM
Many thanks Art for bring this to our attention. However since 13.00 hours have tried 4 times to sign this petition with 2 different email addresses (including not using your link but the Government website) plus twice using my sisters details and email address (she also  supports the petition), and we have not received any verification email back from the Govt to confirm that we wish to support the petition. Can only presume  that some civil servant/Minister does not like the petition and has put a block on it - as previous verification emails for other petitions I have supported have been received by me within minutes. So much for democracy for motorcyclists!
Will try again tomorrow.

Offline davidjg

• CBF Pro
Reply #2 on: 30 April, 2022, 02:58:17 PM
Further to my earlier email. Yes , have been checking  spam/junk email folders but no verification emails from Government.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • CBF Master
Reply #3 on: 30 April, 2022, 04:20:02 PM
Hotmail block so many incoming emails these days that many never even get to your spam folder.

Whilst I support the petition in principal I do hate the phrase "any bus lane". IMO that's simply not feasible. There are some areas in the country where due to the road layout it would be simply unworkable (and possibly dangerous) to allow other vehicles like motorcycles into bus lanes. Some are even separate from the main traffic and for good reason. However, for your bog standard bus lane then yes I support it.  :031:

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Reply #4 on: 30 April, 2022, 04:25:19 PM
Odd, I got the verification email instantly.

Offline davidjg

• CBF Pro
Reply #5 on: 30 April, 2022, 04:31:00 PM
Admin correct - thanks. Have just tried an old gmail address and the verification email came almost instantly. If anyone else wants to sign the petition would recommend that you do not use an outlook address for the verification reply.

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Bike: Now Bikeless
  • City / Town: Workington
Reply #6 on: 30 April, 2022, 09:11:13 PM
No problem for me! Told my MP to support it. (We'll see!) There might be a few bus lanes where it would not be wise to use them, but I found them a great help in Bristol and don't understand why more local authorities don't encourage it. (If it becomes common-place other drivers will not be surprised when we amble and take up less space on congestive roads.)
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

diverse-leafy