Author Topic: Engine Rattling Noise?  (Read 508 times)

Offline TheRenéLouis

• CBF Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: MK1 CBF1000A
Engine Rattling Noise?
on: 12 March, 2022, 06:41:41 PM
Hi all  :158: ,

I am looking for opinions, as not sure if I am being paranoid  :187:
Has my bike developed a rattling noise? I have posted a link with a short video with the engine pushed at about 3000rpm. It seems to me from time to time hearing a bit a a rattling noise from the left side of the engine, mostly when at low rpm (or I can't hear it at higher speeds to wind noise):

The bike has 18,600 miles, was last serviced in August 21 when the valve clearance was checked in (all was fine).

There is also a whistle towards the end of the video (when I get close to the fuel tank), but having seen posts relating to similar noise I am thinking this may come from a partially blocked breather pipe..

Many thanks

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: Engine Rattling Noise?
Reply #1 on: 13 March, 2022, 05:09:04 AM
That's a rattle, impossible to pin point or diagnose from a video or over the internet.

If it was mine I'd investigate further with the aid of a mechanics stethoscope mechanics stethoscope

Offline TheRenéLouis

• CBF Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: MK1 CBF1000A
Re: Engine Rattling Noise?
Reply #2 on: 13 March, 2022, 01:12:17 PM
Thanks Art, I'll get the stethoscope as rather low investment and may help me pinpoint the location of the noise.. I'll take her to a mechanic as, chances are, whatever it is that rattles may be above my capabilities to properly diagnose and fix.

diverse-leafy