Author Topic: gear indicator on mk 1 biffer  (Read 3321 times)

Offline ortogo

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: cbf1000gt
  • City / Town: cornwall
gear indicator on mk 1 biffer
on: 05 February, 2022, 01:00:16 PM
I'm in the process of fitting an Idea gear indicator to my mk 1 biffer, everythings connected up wire run up to the dashboard, but I can't find a spot to mount the indicator that doesn't seem to have it on a slant or just looks odd, has anyone got any images of the way they have mounted their gear displays that looks neat, or has any suggestions?, i'm thinking I might make up a small bracket and mount the indicator on that

Offline Longside

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF 1000 2009
  • City / Town: Accrington
Re: gear indicator on mk 1 biffer
Reply #1 on: 06 February, 2022, 07:24:32 PM
Hi, was unsure how to get the past pictures of how I fitted mine, but if you click on the menu top right hand of home page, then search, type in gear indicator, and the name Longside, it will show my pictures. You can make a bracket as you suggest, the bonus for me which I found out about on this forum, was the two 6mm threads underneath to make use of as you think.

Offline ortogo

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: cbf1000gt
  • City / Town: cornwall
Reply #2 on: 07 February, 2022, 04:57:22 PM
Nice one Longside, thats way neater than what I had in mind, and the 2 bolt holes will make a much more secure mounting, and as you say it can be removed and leave no sign that anything had been there if necessary, once again many thanks

Offline rolling dog

• CBF Newbie
  • Bike: Honda CBF 1000A
  • City / Town: Bratislava
Reply #3 on: 22 July, 2022, 11:02:10 AM

diverse-leafy