Author Topic: Hi from Ireland  (Read 320 times)

Offline Jonbran

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CBF 1000 FA
  • City / Town: Dublin
Hi from Ireland
on: 06 October, 2021, 09:17:40 PM
hi guys I'm new, and from Ireland, i just bought a Mark II 1000 FA,  i am well aware of some of Hondaís States and reg/rec failures, are the mark IIís any better, mine is 2010, no charging issues at the mo, plus I'm looking for a  service manual,  please aware I'm not techno savie thank folk's

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: Hi from Ireland
Reply #1 on: 07 October, 2021, 12:00:02 PM
 :405:

Honda charging system failures are, in reality, no worse than other motorcycle manufacture, any issues you've heard of are mostly myths perpetuated by the techno savvy challenged. When you say "no charging issues at the mo" have you actually tested the charging system with a multimeter? I find it good practice to test the battery, stator and regulator using a multimeter and noting the various readouts as a starting point for future reference, from there on I test the battery and charging system output every 4,000 miles, noting the readouts, date and mileage for forward and backward comparisons.

A big plus in owning a CBF1000 is the ease in which it can be serviced and maintained at home, by the home mechanic without the need of any special tools or diagnostic equipment. If youíre allowed spanners and you haven't already, you may want to download the Honda Workshop and Owners Manuals here.

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
Reply #2 on: 07 October, 2021, 02:32:22 PM
 :405:Some MK1 owners did have a problem with stators burning out, perhaps the only 'stain' on a fantastically reliable bike. The MK2 was modified and failures are few and far between.

Enjoy it and don't worry! :028:

(I had a MK1 for 7 years and covered a fair mileage and never had any problem, although for a tour of Europe and the Baltic countries with a group where there were three Mk1s I did take a spare rotor, and it was needed for one of the bikes. But in this country I wouldn't worry especially if I had a Mk2.) :152:
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline Jonbran

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CBF 1000 FA
Reply #3 on: 07 October, 2021, 04:34:43 PM
thanks 👍👍

Offline thebudda08

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: cbf1000 mk1