Author Topic: MK II LED high and Low beam  (Read 3572 times)

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: MK II LED high and Low beam
Reply #10 on: 09 December, 2021, 02:20:38 PM
*Originally Posted by Goffry77 [+]
...MK2 comes standard with a MOSFET voltage regulator which solved the old stator problem...

Corrections

Both the SC58 and SC64 CBF1000 models came factory fitted with MOSFET Regulator/Rectifiers. This can be verified by testing the forward bias diodes with a multimeter that has a DIODE function. Select the DIODE function, connect the black probe to the RR red output cable, connect the red probe to each of the RR yellow input cables in turn, expect three equal readings of around 0.1v for a MOSFET RR and around 0.5v for a Thyristor RR. Note with the multimeter probes connected with the red probe to RR green output cable, black probe to each of the RR yellow input cables in turn, expect three equal readings of around 0.5v for both MOSFET and Thyristor regulator/rectifiers.

As far as I know the "the old stator problem", as you put it, was just that a stator issue and had nothing to do with any other part of the charging system.

Offline Goffry77

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Honda CBF 1000 S
  • City / Town: CASTEL GOFFREDO
Reply #11 on: 10 December, 2021, 10:43:53 AM
Non sono bravo quanto te con il multimetro, ma ho comunque verificato che su SC64 č montato un mosfet. Cosė anche che dal suo funzionamento la salute dello statore, che tende a soffrire di surriscaldamento, come riportato in innumerevoli forum o siti specializzati, da cui le mie considerazioni, che comunque poco contano circa i LED che ho montato.

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
Reply #12 on: 10 December, 2021, 11:41:53 AM
*Originally Posted by Goffry77 [+]
Non sono bravo quanto te con il multimetro, ma ho comunque verificato che su SC64 č montato un mosfet. Cosė anche che dal suo funzionamento la salute dello statore, che tende a soffrire di surriscaldamento, come riportato in innumerevoli forum o siti specializzati, da cui le mie considerazioni, che comunque poco contano circa i LED che ho montato.

Google translates to - I'm not as good as you are with the multimeter, but I still verified that a mosfet is mounted on the SC64. So also that from its operation the health of the stator, which tends to suffer from overheating, as reported in countless forums or specialized sites, hence my considerations, which in any case matter little about the LEDs I have mounted.

My point is that you went off on a tangent from a very informative LED posting with misleading information in suggesting the earlier SC58's were not fitted with MOSFET RR's which is simply untrue they are. I've seen many failed stators and all have failed due to the windings shorting to ground and burning out the coils, this is evident by the failure of three consecutive coils (all three phases) at a similar point. To the untrained home mechanic this may appear to be a simply case of the stator overheating but it is not and has nothing to do with the RR.

Offline Goffry77

• CBF Member
Reply #13 on: 10 December, 2021, 03:01:24 PM
I realized that you need to be very careful about what you write, as there are those who are always ready to correct inaccuracies or errors of others. Considering that this is not a technical forum, if I have understood correctly, it amazes me. I think, from here on, I'll just read, avoiding contributing to the forum, so as not to "spread misleading content". Thank you.

Offline iNCORRIGIBLE

• CBF Master
  • Bike: CBF1000-A9
  • City / Town: Maldon
Reply #14 on: 10 December, 2021, 06:42:49 PM
Lesson for us all . Unless you are absolutely sure about the information you impart on here, particularly on vital safety issues such as braking ,steering and anything safety critical, do not  venture into these areas. Ed.
Last Edit: 10 December, 2021, 06:46:49 PM by iNCORRIGIBLE

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
Reply #15 on: 11 December, 2021, 11:10:38 AM
I publicly apologise if my corrections have caused any offence and there is no need for you to take a back seat Goffry77, I'm sure your experiences with your CBF1000 and motorcycling in general will add interest and value to this forum. I was particular interested in your experiences of the LED H7's, an area I have little personal experience or knowledge in. Please for the future just be mindful of what you write, as there are those who are always ready to believe and perpetuate any inaccuracies, errors or myths. While this may not be a technical forum as such many CBF1000 owners come here to learn, problem solve and ultimately save on the costs of running, servicing and maintaining their motorcycles. Any inaccuracies, errors or myths could have a counterproductive effect and may cost readers of the forum unnecessary expense.

Offline Goffry77

• CBF Member
Reply #16 on: 23 December, 2021, 05:08:38 PM

Online Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Bike: Now Bikeless
  • City / Town: Workington
Reply #17 on: 23 December, 2021, 10:04:30 PM
impressive!
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.