Author Topic: All good things come to an end  (Read 916 times)

Offline Hagar

• CBF Legend
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Aberdeen
All good things come to an end
on: 23 July, 2021, 10:00:24 PM
Well fellow biffer riders, I have today traded in my loyal biffer of 7 years (but I have had a few others along the way) for a CMX 1100 DCT. The reason being that I had a stroke in December 2018 eventually leaving me with a weakness on the left side and not able to fully work the clutch the way that is needed. The new bike is more of a cruiser design which is a strange way to sit but it was the only automatic bike on the market that I could get on as all the rest in the Honda stable are too tall (African twin, NC750XT) and I didn't want a scooter. I will not delete my account and still drop in for a snoop about from time to time.

So all the best to my fellow biffer riders and keep it shiny side up. From Hagar in Aberfreeeze, Scotty Botland  :001: :001:

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
Re: All good things come to an end
Reply #1 on: 23 July, 2021, 11:16:46 PM
I'm sure we are all delighted that you will still be riding, whatever two wheels you ride.  :020:

I found my (two) DVs got too heavy for me, hence my progression to a Honda CBF1000 (for seven years) before dropping weight again with my current BMW F800GT. Soon I'll need to drop more weight off - under 200KG, under 800MM seat height and upright riding position. My present bike has 90BHP, but am prepared to drop to about half that power if necessary. Modern bikes get bigger, taller and heavier year by year which is strange when looking at the Japanese population's average heights. :112:
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline Shed

• CBF Master
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Reply #2 on: 25 July, 2021, 11:49:46 PM
All the best Hagar  :028:
 :730:

Offline Josiah

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: White CBF1000
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #3 on: 27 July, 2021, 08:57:29 PM
Just logged on for the first time in 2 or 3 years and the first post I see is you're moving on, sorry, but as Rev Ken says your sticking with 2 wheels, good on you. As you are probably aware I had to move away from the CBF because of its weight. Stay safe and have fun when you ride and many thanks for all the banter those years ago. Just for info I now ride a light weight Tracer 700 twin.
I still keep in loose contact with a few of the old timers, from when we populated the forum.  :159: :159:

Josiah still  :087:
I'd rather ride it than clean it!

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
Reply #4 on: 28 July, 2021, 05:33:16 PM
Hi Josiah,
I reckon this site is far better than my BMW site, and I still post more frequently on this site. Strangely I post most often on the Honda 700 site which has a great mixture of 'mature'  :164: riders and lots of first time riders. Some of the expertise coming from  ex racing riders and others means we have some fascinating threads. I only joined when I was thinking it might be a replacement for my Biffer but decided against it. However they put up with me! I think there are almost as many 'non-owners' as owners so it is a great mix.

Have a Koffee on me..... :038:

Offline Josiah

• CBF Legend
Reply #5 on: 28 July, 2021, 08:26:24 PM
*Originally Posted by Rev Ken [+]
Hi Josiah,
I reckon this site is far better than my BMW site, and I still post more frequently on this site. Strangely I post most often on the Honda 700 site which has a great mixture of 'mature'  :164: riders and lots of first time riders. Some of the expertise coming from  ex racing riders and others means we have some fascinating threads. I only joined when I was thinking it might be a replacement for my Biffer but decided against it. However they put up with me! I think there are almost as many 'non-owners' as owners so it is a great mix.

Have a Koffee on me..... :038:

Hello Ken, I shall hold you to that koffy and you know it. I wonder if Hagar will still post, I think I shall start posting again. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow with an ex school friend and also ex cbf rider. We are planning to do the white horse run or a part of it. Mine and Dunelm's tour for last year got cancelled, but here's to next year when we hope to get up your way and you buy the koffy  :046: :001: :031:

Stay well, stay safe

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
Reply #6 on: 30 July, 2021, 02:43:41 PM
How many sugars? :028:

Offline Josiah

• CBF Legend
Reply #7 on: 30 July, 2021, 09:39:57 PM
*Originally Posted by Rev Ken [+]
How many sugars? :028:

Black and no sugar Thanks.