Author Topic: Another CBF 1000 rider from Stockholm, Sweden  (Read 249 times)

Offline Vrik

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CBF 1000 FAA
  • City / Town: Stockholm
Another CBF 1000 rider from Stockholm, Sweden
on: 19 July, 2021, 10:26:04 AM
Good morning/afternoon/evening, ladies and gents!

Bought my lovely CBF1000FAA on a chilly evening in April last year, and I've enjoyed about 4000 km's on it since. Not a lot, I know, but I only got my license about two months ago and trained a lot more on MT-07's in driving school all through last year.
At first I thought I'd trade this thing away soon after I got my license, but it's been growing on me and now I intend to keep it for quite a while. Maybe do some aesthetic/performance modifications, but nothing major.
And yes, this is my first bike. Never thought I'd get a liter bike as my first, but it checked so many boxes that I couldn't pass it up(top box, panniers, heated grips, reliable...).

I'm just a guy who recently discovered that I love motorcycles, a lot. Can't wait until I buy a house with a garage, so I can fill it with bikes.

Yeah, I named my bike.

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: Another CBF 1000 rider from Stockholm, Sweden
Reply #1 on: 19 July, 2021, 02:45:13 PM
 :405:

The CBF 1000 is an excellent choice for a Sports Tourer that ticks many boxes in its class. I'd think again about performance mods, why would anyone need more than 0-60 mph (96 kph) in 3 seconds or 145 mph (233 kph) top speed from a road going mo'cycle? If you're allowed spanners a big plus with the CBF1000 is the ease in which it can be serviced and maintained at home, by the home mechanic, without the need of any special tools or diagnostic equipment and its Euro3 complaint too. If you haven't already you can download the Honda Workshop and Owners Manuals here. A proper good service and catch up on any service schedule items that have been skipped will be more beneficial than any of the over rated off the shelf performance parts available.
Last Edit: 19 July, 2021, 02:46:24 PM by Art

Offline Vrik

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 20 July, 2021, 05:19:00 AM
Hello and thanks!

English isn't my first language, so when I said performance mods I didn't mean I'd get a new exhaust system to squeeze a few more hp and go just a little faster. I was thinking along the lines of... brake lines. And such. I might've used the wrong word. :) You're right, I really don't need to go faster.
"If you're allowed spanners." I've seen this phrase used in the forum, but what does it mean? Is it an in-joke? I have a permission slip from my mother, if that helps.  :016:

Thanks for the reply, and the very useful link!
Yeah, I named my bike.

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Reply #3 on: 20 July, 2021, 06:29:20 AM
You're welcome.

An aftermarket exhaust system on its own will most likely result in a decrease in power, balancing the four strokes is a science not an art form. Same for brake hoses, if its the look or idea you're liking I'd suggest you pay more attention to the function, most of what you've read about braided brake hoses is marketing hype. If it isn't broke why fix it...

"If you're allowed spanners" is from an expression we have in the trade "Some folk shouldn't be allowed spanners". Referring to owners who have broken, damaged or caused more faults than they started with by attempting maintenance, repair or servicing where they have little or no idea of what they are doing and much of it starts out with ideas on fitting aftermarket parts or so called 'performance' modifications.

I don't know but, if I was a gambling man I'd wager your Mother isn't allowed spanners, a permission slip from your Father would probably carry more weight here  :016:

Apologies to your Mother if I've got this wrong and obviously if you are allowed spanners none of this applies to you.
Last Edit: 20 July, 2021, 06:32:17 AM by Art

Offline Vrik

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: 20 July, 2021, 07:11:23 AM
Well, you've certainly encouraged me to read more about these things.

If you were a gambling man, you'd have won this wager. Mom's not interested in technical stuff, and dad's a ratired car mechanic with 47 years of experience.  :001:
Yeah, I named my bike.