Author Topic: Phone holder for Mk 1  (Read 770 times)

Offline Ali G

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
Phone holder for Mk 1
on: 29 June, 2021, 04:36:41 PM
Any advice as to which is the best phone (iPhone 8) holder for the Mk1 CBF? (UK).  Not much space what with Oxford grip heater control, and I want to be able to still see the instruments.... waterproof if possible, and easy to attach/remove the phone, with no bulky extra case for the phone. Not a lot to ask surely?! Haha. Thanks.
Last Edit: 29 June, 2021, 04:37:25 PM by Ali G

Online Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: Phone holder for Mk 1
Reply #1 on: 29 June, 2021, 06:01:04 PM
I wouldn't consider mounting a mobile phone on the handlebar, too much vibration, don't take my word for it touch the bare bar where you may be thinking of mounting it.

Curious to know why you'd want to mount and see a mobile phone while riding, besides here in the UK using a mobile phone while riding attracts a £200 fine and 6 penalty points.

Offline Ali G

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 29 June, 2021, 07:11:59 PM
Thanks for the reply and your concern about my license! It is for use as a sat nav; I see dozens of bikes similarly equipped every day on my commute, but I have yet to see which make of holder works best on a cbf. Best wishes and safe riding.

Offline Philby21

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000-8
  • City / Town: Flint
Reply #3 on: 29 June, 2021, 10:04:15 PM
I saw these at the NEC show a couple of years ago and took a close look at their kit and it seems to be top notch, but then it's got a price to match!

That link (the word "these" if it isn't showing as a link properly) goes directly to the page for their iPhone 6/7/8 cases.

Phil

Offline Ali G

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: 29 June, 2021, 11:04:28 PM
Thanks Phil. They certainly sound good - will take a look at them. Cheers.

Offline Scootyman

• CBF Member
  • Bike: CBF1000A6
  • City / Town: Dunfermline
Reply #5 on: 01 July, 2021, 12:24:53 PM
Iím using the Ram mount system for my iPhone 8.

You can buy the mounting accessories for your car, plane, scooter, bike etc and then just move the x grip cradle to the vehicle you want to use. We have two in our household and my girlfriend commented itís a nice thing to have and takes all of the stress out of mounting your phone securely and out of direct vision if you prefer.
The kits are not cheap but the mounting possibilities are excellent.
Iím just about to start learning a load more double deck routes around Edinburgh as Iím switching depot for a few weeks and the Ram mount is great for that purpose.
If you type in ram mount U.K., the official supplier will surface on Google etc. I wouldnít waste money on the fake stuff either. Buy cheap, buy twice.
Might be worth a look

Offline Raphe

• CBF Member
  • Bike: Cbf1000
  • City / Town: Scottish Borders
Reply #6 on: 02 July, 2021, 07:19:26 PM
Google ultimate addons. I got one for iPhone 7. Handy for google maps. Great product.

Offline thebudda08

• CBF Pro
  • Bike: cbf1000 mk1
  • City / Town: Dublin
Reply #7 on: 07 July, 2021, 06:49:38 PM
I got a bar that  joins the 2 high bits of the handle bars across  for accessories ,also bought a phone holder off amazon SETHDA Bike Phone Mount, went on a 400k spin and no wobble on it , doesn't block the dash .ive uploaded 7 picts to have a look
https://ibb.co/album/pWRqwc

diverse-leafy