Author Topic: Caberg duke  (Read 1380 times)

Offline edger

• CBF Master
  • Topic Author
Caberg duke
on: 18 May, 2021, 09:35:21 PM
I have just been gifted a nice new Caberg Duke 2, it looked  ok  felt  nice to wear but there is a problem .
Both my ear lobes were bleeding   they rubbed on the chin strap fixing  where it passes through the padding just at the bottom the ear cut outs it seems the stitching is a strong nylon type  thread and is very sharp
Has anybody else ever encountered this ?
OR IS IT JUST MY DUMBO SIZED EARS??
I have thought about fixing a bit of velvet over the stitching but it should have been finished properly in the first place.
I know you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth as it were,  but if I had paid for it it would be going back

Offline moayling

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2016 CBF1000SC64
  • City / Town: Seaton. Devon.
Re: Caberg duke
Reply #1 on: 18 May, 2021, 11:43:51 PM
I’m on my 4th Caberg duke as l find they fit me better than the more expensive Schuberths and Shoeis and are well made for a reasonable price. I have to say that l have never suffered your experience so l wonder if you have the correct size. Unfortunately, we all have different shaped heads and some helmets will never be right.

Offline edger

• CBF Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 19 May, 2021, 08:56:14 PM
I took the fingers off an old pair of fleecy gloves snipped tips off and slid the resulting tube over the strap covering the offending stitching ,Time will tell if its a cure

Offline moayling

• CBF Master
  • Bike: 2016 CBF1000SC64
  • City / Town: Seaton. Devon.
Reply #3 on: 19 May, 2021, 09:47:54 PM
Hope it works for you

diverse-leafy