Author Topic: Changing the water  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: Changing the water
Reply #10 on: 20 June, 2021, 07:00:36 PM

:232: You're leaving it to idle for far too long, the thermostat is opening and you're wondering why the filler neck is over flowing! The advice given here is to 'leave it idling for 3 minutes', the advice given on fireblader.dk is as per the Honda workshop manual which is to 'let it idle for 2-3 minutes. ' Either follow the instructions or do it your way but don't do it your way and then come on here with your self inflicted problems.

To know if the thermostat is working correctly you remove it, inspect it and test it. Its all in the Workshop Manual Section 7 Cooling System pages 8 & 9 or maybe you should stick to making apple pie as it seems as if you shouldn't be allowed spanners.

Offline Teeron

• CBF Newbie
  • Bike: Mk1
Re: Changing the water
Reply #11 on: 20 June, 2021, 07:47:53 PM
My bad I did it so many times that at some point fan was kicking after 3 minutes. Yes, 3 minutes i leave it to idle ,three...
And i have found that the thermostat is stuck and not reacting to hot water .  My question no 1 was is it normal that coolant is overflowing after 20 sec, and I will never know. Thanks a lot for help :152:

Was making pie first time in my life...

Last Edit: 20 June, 2021, 08:21:17 PM by Teeron