Author Topic: Powerbronze  (Read 498 times)

Offline jeposcotland

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CBF 1000 '07
  • City / Town: Stirling
Powerbronze
on: 20 April, 2021, 11:18:56 AM
Thanks to Powerbronze for the Club 10% discount.  :152:
Got my first upgrades for my 'New to me' '07  :062:
Taller screen. H/light guards and Fender Ext.
Hopefully a bit quieter on a run now! Plus some basic protection from our lovely roads!

Next for rad guard.....  :018:
CJ

Offline Rick

• CBF Member
  • Bike: cbf1000gt
  • City / Town: Matlock
Re: Powerbronze
Reply #1 on: 21 April, 2021, 09:48:41 PM
I am looking at buying a better screen for longer journeys, could you give an update when you have given the Powerbronze screen a good road test.

Thanks Rick

Offline jeposcotland

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 22 April, 2021, 04:21:06 PM
Hi. Yes, have been out on an all flavour ride to fully test. I picked the Powerbronze as it wasn't too tall, as I don't like a 'full tourer' look. It's definitely better than standard. Probably about 75mm difference in height. Buffeting is almost completely gone and ride position is changed accordingly. But, noise is still pretty full on. This could be helmet, etc etc as there are many factors involved here. I ride on the lowest seat setting and I'm 5'9'' and when tucked in it's almost perfect, you can't sit fully upright without getting blasted, but it's definitely a big improvement.
Would be interesting to try a different type/height, but I'm fairly happy this is a success. Although a mild one, but at this price hard to fault.
CJ

Offline Rick

• CBF Member
Reply #3 on: 22 April, 2021, 11:13:02 PM
Thanks for the reply, is the screen on the lower or raised setting ? You say the buffeting has gone but not the noise, wondering is that air or engine noise, do you wear ear plugs, I can't stand going any distance without.

Thanks Rick

Offline jeposcotland

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: 24 April, 2021, 12:58:25 AM
Hi. On the higher setting, although not much in it. Definitely wear earplugs, always! Horrible without. It's mainly wind noise, never really notice engine noises. I checked around the cockpit for where the main wind blasts come through, but there's very little to be noticed, except around the screen.
Hand on heart I'd probably be happier with something else, but I still think it's good value vs results.
CJ

Offline Rick

• CBF Member
Reply #5 on: 24 April, 2021, 10:38:54 AM
Thanks again for the feedback, yes the Powerbronze screen does seem very good value, especially with the extra discount and it seems to look the best as it is very similar to the original screen only taller. The other one I was considering was the Givi screen which doesn't cost that much more, it seems wider above the mirror fixings. I'm 5'10 and have the seat on the middle height setting. I'm just to trying to improve the wind blast on faster roads but I still want something that looks ok on the bike, I know much has been discussed in the past about screens.

Rick

Offline jeposcotland

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: 24 April, 2021, 11:03:22 AM
Yep, I think Givi might be a better option for you at 5'10''. I just wanted something quick, not expensive and doesn't look too big, so it'll do. I think extra height may help, that extra 60mm should help without looking like a tourer.  :001:
CJ

diverse-leafy