Author Topic: CBF1000 first impressions  (Read 1395 times)

Online Art

• CBF Legend
  • Bike: SC58 CBF1000 A-6
  • City / Town: Shoreditch
Re: CBF1000 first impressions
Reply #10 on: 18 February, 2021, 04:31:37 PM
I've racked up 40,000 miles on 4 sets of Bridgestone BT0-23's. The initial choice was for no other reason than that's what was on there when I acquired the motorcycle. All year riding, good mileage, good performance, rain or shine.

Offline Rev Ken

• CBF God
  • Bike: BMW F800GT
  • City / Town: Workington
Reply #11 on: 19 February, 2021, 11:23:17 AM
*Originally Posted by Steviemcg [+]
Thanks for the replies on tyres. I had assumed this would be the response. I'm very very strict with my tyres. Both my car and my wives has 2 sets, summer and winter. These Bridgestones will definitely be changed to Michelin Road 5's. My 600 had a set of 4's and I was very pleased.
Is that allowed in Glasgow? :008:
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.

Offline Steviemcg

• CBF Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CBF1000
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Reply #12 on: 28 February, 2021, 07:44:09 PM
Update...
I rode my bike around my factory (polished concrete floor), I couldn't lock up the rear no matter how hard I jumped on the lever. I knew it wasn't right. Took the caliper off, 1x seized piston. The outside pad was actually bent. Crazy.
Cleaned and rebuilt the caliper (quite easy actually), fitted new EBC pads and hey presto, a working rear brake.
Also, I fitted Pirelli Angel ST tyres, I'm still easing them in but so far impressed. I did want the Michelin R 5s but these were half the cost. Hopefully not a "buy cheap buy twice" situation...
Looking forward to a full week of commuting ahead.