Author Topic: Will summer trip go ahead?  (Read 1264 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

#10

Offline Admin

  • Administrator
  • CBF Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 430
  • Country: england

#11

Offline davidjg

  • CBF Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 98
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
  • Country: england
Re: Will summer trip go ahead?
Reply #11 on: 20 March, 2021, 05:09:31 PM
Sorry, my vaccination card also shows that I have had the pfizzer vac, apart from Name and batch numbers.

#12

Offline davidjg

  • CBF Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 98
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
  • Country: england
Re: Will summer trip go ahead?
Reply #12 on: 20 March, 2021, 05:11:04 PM
Thanks Admin, your post crossed mine.

#13

Offline davidjg

  • CBF Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 98
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
  • Country: england
Re: Will summer trip go ahead?
Reply #13 on: 19 April, 2021, 10:37:23 PM
Knapdog. Have decided not to chance it and have just amended my June ferry ticket to beginning of September - cost £40. Depending on your circumstances, work etc you may want to consider delaying your ferry. Fortunately as I'm retired  I can pick and choose dates, although I have always preferred Spain in May/June. Hopefully by September, the covid situation will be more or less sorted, or if not there may be a system for covid passports/permits that is functioning to allow entrance/exit to Spain and rest of EU.

#14

Offline knapdog

  • CBF Master
  • ****
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 526
  • City / Town: Barry, Vale of G
  • Country: wales
Re: Will summer trip go ahead?
Reply #14 on: 20 April, 2021, 07:37:14 AM
*Originally Posted by davidjg [+]
Knapdog. Have decided not to chance it and have just amended my June ferry ticket to beginning of September - cost £40. Depending on your circumstances, work etc you may want to consider delaying your ferry. Fortunately as I'm retired  I can pick and choose dates, although I have always preferred Spain in May/June. Hopefully by September, the covid situation will be more or less sorted, or if not there may be a system for covid passports/permits that is functioning to allow entrance/exit to Spain and rest of EU.

You've given me something to think about, for certain.
Did you phone them or do it online?
Will your new sailing still be on the Pont Aven or that new one ?
Stay between the hedges!

#15

Offline davidjg

  • CBF Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 98
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
  • Country: england
Re: Will summer trip go ahead?
Reply #15 on: 20 April, 2021, 08:24:22 AM
Old sailing and new sailing both on the Galacia If you amend from Pont Aven to Galacia you may have to pay more than the amendment fee -new ship so costs more, plus breakfast and dinner now included in price. Did it online, just go on their website, retrieve your order, click on amend and it will take you through the process.

#16

Offline Admin

  • Administrator
  • CBF Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 430
  • Country: england
Re: Will summer trip go ahead?
Reply #16 on: 20 April, 2021, 09:05:05 AM
Hopefully by September, the covid situation will be more or less sorted, or if not there may be a system for covid passports/permits that is functioning to allow entrance/exit to Spain and rest of EU.

Hopefully there will be, but one problem is that you might need to isolate on return to the UK which might be a pain  :003:

Currently Spain has around x4 the number of rolling average of cases than the uk so not great. They've also only vaccinated 3.3 million compared to our 30m+ so some way to go yet.

Like you say, hopefully by Sept it'll be much better  :002:

#17

Offline davidjg

  • CBF Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 98
  • Bike: CBF1000FA-C GT
  • City / Town: London
  • Country: england
Re: Will summer trip go ahead?
Reply #17 on: 20 April, 2021, 09:28:54 AM
Hi. Had considered that, but if it comes to it  and the situation is still bad in August will amend the booking again to June 2022.